Aaron's 76 Type LT Project

76_TypeLT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
Hey everyone, my name is Aaron and I own a 76 Type LT in Houston, TX. I've had my Camaro since March 1993 (got her when I was a junior in HS). I drove her for 8 yrs/130k miles until April 2001. She has been sitting in my garage since then. I've been slowly buying parts (mainly interior and body) and am at the point I can start doing some real work. Mainly wanted to say hello and start a project thread for my 76. This site has been great and has been very inspiring, so I will be doing lots of reading in the meantime since it looks like every question imaginable has been asked and answered already!

Here she is now in my garage looking kind of sad

camaro1.jpg

Here she was back in March 1993 looking a little better

camaro1-1.jpg

camaro2.jpg

camaro3.jpg

Last edited:

76_TypeLT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
Sweet, glad there are a few 76s still out there! It's been a challenge at times finding parts that are unique to the 74-77 body. Can't wait to start on some actual work and show some pics.

Sweet76

Veteran Member
Sep 20, 2006
Appomattox, VA
Im restoring a 76 but mine isn't an LT.
The folks on this website are a wealth of info. They have been a big help on my project. When it comes to camaros somebody on here has "been there and done that" !!
Good Luck
:bowtie: :bowtie:

76_TypeLT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah, I saw the sticky in the suspension forum and it was a dream come true. My wife might not like it but it gives more even more inspiration. Tons of info to say the least.

The car is clean overall but will be getting a major overhaul in all depts. I wish I had the room to take her apart completely, but will instead have to do this in phases. But I know this car inside and out, so should not be too bad getting her ready for the paint and body shop.

K5JMP

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 19, 2006
MORTUORUM VENATOR - Z.R.T.
welcome to Nasty-Z!

cool car, can't wait to see how your project progresses...
good bunch of folks here, and a wealth of knowledge about our cars....
a little nutty at times, but like family... lolololol:)