Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 76_TypeLT, Aug 1, 2008.
Aaron I think those MSD coil covers would look great on your engine.
The Clayton covers are on my list, good call. They have a nice subtle look about them.
There are a few more I am eyeing, but the links are on my work PC. I am open to any and all suggestions. The first criteria is the covers have to be BLACK.
BTW, I have to replace my control arms, the lower ones in particular, in order to use coilovers. The PTFB arms I got a few years ago are made for traditional spring/shock installs. I will be listing those for sale. Custom Works helped me out on the new control arms that are designed for coilovers.
So the money pit continues to drain the wallet. The pit is insatiable!!
These are the ones i used with my PTFB tubular control arms. They will bolt up just like a shock
I used my stock lower arms with my coil overs. I only replaced top to look and handle better, plus save weight.
I'm using the stock lowers as well, with most likely the Custom works uppers. I thought about replacing the lowers, but the gain doesn't justify the cost to me.
The concern Keith has, which I think is valid, is the t-bar for the coilover needs to go INSIDE the spring bucket since you have a lot of weight on that shock t-bar, rather than mount on the underside of the spring bucket. The t-bar might be able to fit inside the stock lower control arm spring pocket, but it definitely did not on the PTFB arms. The PTFB pocket was ~1" too small.
Hey, at least I get to try out some new control arms....
I got the engine wiring harness mounted inside the cabin, got the ECU mounted and got the HVAC evaporator mounted. I wrapped the wire loom with anti-rattle pad from Second Skin Audio. This was a bigger PITA than I had expected, but I am glad I got it done. I used "nyloc" nuts and lock washers to make sure these things don't come loose later. I got some stainless steel wire loom clamps off ebay to hold everything in place.
I had to get a few more wire terminals so I can shorten the gas pedal and install the starter solenoid wire.
I am going to tackle the fuel system next. I bought a gently used Rick's Tanks fuel tank from another member on the site for the LS. It was made for the 75-81 and has the width has been reduced for a mini-tub, which I am not doing. So I will have a little smaller fuel tank (like 18 gal). It already has a Walbro 255 in-tank fuel pump. I am looking at one option for the venting system, which I will know more in a few weeks.
Wow, looking great
The underdash wiring looks fantastic! Nice and clean, just the way it should be.