Aaron's 76 Type LT Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 76_TypeLT, Aug 1, 2008.

1. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

Really nice work on the bumpers.

2. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Veteran Member

nice ....

3. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks Robert, korn

I got the glass installed and it went well. The installer was an old pro so I felt good about my pick. He said the glass, which is aftermarket, was a little shorter than the original based on how much it sat on the metal lip, but he was not concerned. Just something to share with others as they shop for glass.

The rear of the car is basically done. The tail lights are installed and the bumper is installed. The pics of the front glass installed are useless due to poor lighting, so here's a few of the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ctopic373 likes this.
  4. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Nice nice nice nice nice.

5. 76_TypeLT

I was ready to start the motor so I let the fuel pump engage and prime the line and there was a leak. Luckily it's at a connection that's easy to get to. It's where hard line and flex line meet, so at worst I need to re-do the bad fitting (or fittings). Maybe I didn't tighten it but I'll have to check tonight after our niece's birthday party.

6. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

One step closer. Im glad your making progress. Im not going to lie, your determination and continual progress helped to get me motivated again. Who needs to mow the yard anyway. Looks good as always.

7. 76_TypeLT

Thanks perk.

So the fuel line leak was just a loose connection. But when I attempt to start the motor it fires up and runs for ~1 second before it dies. It could be any number of things and I am no LS mechanic, so this is not good. I assume it's not a fuel issue since I had a fuel leak, which implies the pump was moving fuel into the line.

It sounds a lot like the issue the IDIDIT guy mentioned to me, but I swapped out the relay with the delayed relay he sent me.

I will be posting a thread in the high tech retro forum for ideas.

8. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sorry to hear that. I am sure it is very disappointing for you. I bet it will end up being something simple. Keep up the good work and the faith!

9. 76_TypeLT

thanks, I am already scouring LS1tech and other forums for ideas. The issue is that most people have LS swaps using motors and ECMs from other cars, whereas mine is a "virgin" setup so I don't think there are any issues with VATS or me needing to wipe out codes. I need to add a fuel pressure gauge at the rail to make sure I am getting proper fuel pressure as that would be one of the obvious things to check. I know the ECM is getting power because the MIL is illuminated with the ignition on, which is normal even if there are no codes being generated.

10. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sorry to hear your first attempt to start it this past weekend didn't go so well. I'm sure you will get it figured out quickly!