About Gauge Marks

77RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 18, 2006
Asheboro, NC
Laine, man you did a great job of retoring those gauge faces. I appreciate the props!

lol @ french fries! Those bags are great for storing the gauge marks. I was looking for plain ones, but got a great deal on these that look like they would be used in a candy store. I've got a few thousand of these bags (without french fries) :p

Thanks again Laine. Let me know if you need help with the tach repair!
Daniel

Chevrolaine

Veteran Member
77RS said:
Laine, man you did a great job of retoring those gauge faces. I appreciate the props!

lol @ french fries! Those bags are great for storing the gauge marks. I was looking for plain ones, but got a great deal on these that look like they would be used in a candy store. I've got a few thousand of these bags (without french fries) :p

Thanks again Laine. Let me know if you need help with the tach repair!
Daniel

Thank You Daniel! I had a vision and you made it come to life! I just hope it all works when I get it together! Stay tuned...;) :crazy:

77RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 18, 2006
Asheboro, NC
Laine, glad to hear the tach is working. I just viewed your project thread, and the car looks fabulous!!

What is the temp gauge doing?

2ndzcamaro

May 13, 2011
hesperia ca
tach problem-?

Hi 77RS,
You were recommended by forum members, Ill try and make it short, On a 40 mile cruse to a show tach worked OK 72 z28, m22 and 4.10s I know at 70 mph that the rpms are around 3500 + I don't drive that hard, but on the way home at around 55-60 the tach is showing around 2100 so I know that wasn't correct I floored it and I took it up to 70 mph and the tach moved accordingly but slow and only up to around 2800 or so, it seams to be slow moving and 1500-2000 off or slow, do I make sence ,does this make sence to you, it is a bone stock z, points and all. I pretty good with monkeywrenching, just not familiar with these tach, my first thought was the tach filter or a bad ground, but OK in the morning and bad in the afternoon, go figure. THANKS for any info you may have............Garry

72 z28/m22/4.10s #s 1 of 652 build sheet :bowtie: