AC vents for '71 Camaro

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by vintagecarenthusiast, Jan 16, 2018.

1. vintagecarenthusiast

vintagecarenthusiast Member

Is OER the only option for vents for '71 Camaro?

I have read some old threads on here and it seems like they may not be the best quality. My car is originally a non-AC car but I plan to add a Classic Auto Air system or Vintage Air system later or maybe even before the summer. Basically, I am having the car built and the build is spiraling into more and more stuff - crate motor, new exhaust, and some interior stuff. I'm replacing the gauges and since I'm replacing the gauges I'm replacing the dash pad, which is trashed on mine. The current dash pad is hilarious with a terrible bend and rivets and random screws to try to make it go flat… So I am replacing that with the NPD dash pad that seems to be highly recommended from what I've read here on this site. Since I'm replacing the dash pad I want to do the dash pad with the factory center AC vent. Are there better quality reproduction vents or custom vents that fit the factory cutout? I don't care about originality on this build; It's more about quality upgrades for me on this build.

zeventy128 likes this.