Accidental eats

Discussion in 'Bon Appetite - NastyZ Style' started by Its_not_a_transam, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Its_not_a_transam

Its_not_a_transam Veteran Member

What accidental combos have you come across that were great? Being stoned doesnt count,but those combos are endlessly amusing. I had leftover pierogies...and leftover butter chicken sauce. It worked.

2. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Haha, last nights dinner was a English muffin with corn and hollandaise sauce on it. It was no accident and it was good.

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Well, being stoned leaves out most of them for me...but since you mentioned pirogi, put them in Sea Pack shrimp scampi sauce. Delicious. Spaghetti sauce on omelets or scrambled eggs. Ketchup on hot roast beef sammich. Baked beans on a meatloaf sammich.
    Don't know if this qualifies,but wifey and I were at a restaurant and she ordered a steak that I thought would be the ruin of a good piece of meat. Black forest filet. Twelve oz. filet mignonette stuffed with Queen Anne black cherries with a Bearnaise sauce.She stuffed a piece of it in my mouth,best steak I ever had. Come to find out the chef had won international awards with this steak. Shows you what I know about good food...

Its_not_a_transam and budro6968 like this.
  4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

My Mom was a Polish cook. She made Pierogies at Christmas time. I made turkey cranberry sauce jelly "the real stuff from the can" pierogie sandwiches with mashed potato and gravy on Thick sliced toasted Italian bread. Gut bomb for sure.

Its_not_a_transam likes this.
  5. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

spaghetti and chocolate covered rasins. Started out as a joke when I was at a friends house, she made spaghetti, my other friend was eating chcolate covered raisins and offered me some, I threw them in my mouth with the spaghetti and was like "wow, that is pretty good", spicy tomato sauce, then the sweet chocolate melted and then you bit into the raisin. She said what the heck, gave it a try and liked it too, then Loretta comes in, "what are you two doing?" "eating spaghetti and chocolate covered raisins", so being a a trooper she gave it a shot was impressed that it was pretty good. Her husband was the hold out who wouldn't try it, so 3 out of 4 people like chocolate covered raisins and spaghetti! This wasn't an accident, just sounded good; lunch meat like roast beef or ham, some pepperjack cheese on a toasted english muffin, I use a toaster oven at work, and toast the muffin then ad the meat to one muffin the cheese to the other then re-toast for half a minute or so. Take the ingredients to work with me for breakfast every day. Ever since I was a kid I've always mixed my corn with my mashed potatoes, my dad always made the mashed potatoes to dry for my liking and then corn sort of moistened them up a bit, cream corn was killer, cranberry sauce is good too, throw in some chicken or turkey,..a feast!

xten likes this.
  6. xten

xten Veteran Member

^^^ I love just about any veggie with smashed taties

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Mushrooms and ground up hot sausage on an Italian sub. Just not the same without that
    Sliced tomato on pizza
    Italian dressing on a cold cut sammich

8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I would try it. When we were little kids my brother was trying to make chocolate milk from the Hershey's can. I saw him mix milk, prune juice, pickle juice and God knows what else. My sister was like Ewww! My brother chugged some down. MMMMM.... Then I said let me try. Not the worst potion he ever made but we all made some after that.

9. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Maple nut ice cream with Cap’n Crunch on top.

Its_not_a_transam likes this.
  10. Its_not_a_transam

Its_not_a_transam Veteran Member

Always dressing on a sandwhich. Marinade kielbasa in Italian dressing and bbq. Tasty

xten likes this.