Accidental eats

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Sometimes there was a line around the block but it moved pretty fast. Sometimes waiting and talking to people in line was the most fun part! Part of the Primanti experience I guess.

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
Accidentally eat? How a bout accidentally drink? I was helping a friend with an V8 S10 swap. Getting ready to fire it for the first time and had a half a bottle of gas in a plastic Dr. Pepper bottle sitting beside my actual Dr. Pepper bottle. Kept worrying about knocking over the Dr. Pepper so I grabbed the bottle to chug the last 4oz or so and yup, grabbed the wrong one. Had about 2 to 3 large gulps before I realized what happened. Burped gas fumes the entire next day.
I have a similar story, when I was around 12 or so. I was down in the basement, in the workshop where my dad had all his tools and I worked on building model kits. One day, I saw a bottle of Smirnoff's vodka that was about half full. I figured they'd never miss a swig so picked it up and took a belt. I immediately realized it was turpentine and only after I put it down did I notice the layer of dried grey paint in the bottom! Fortunately I didn't swallow much and immediately went and rinsed my mouth out with proper mouthwash! That was a definite learning experience!!

Smokey15

Veteran Member
Aug 13, 2017
Caledonia, MI
This wasn't food, but still............ My uncle was a semi-pro baseball player. He didn't smoke but he did use Beechnut chewing tobacco when he played. He kept in a bag behind the driver seat in his car. At night, my cousin and I would take a bit to chew because we liked the flavor and thought it cool. He got wise to us and replaced it with pipe tobacco. In the dark, we couldn't tell until we stuffed it in our mouths. He got us that time

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
I have a similar story, when I was around 12 or so. I was down in the basement, in the workshop where my dad had all his tools and I worked on building model kits. One day, I saw a bottle of Smirnoff's vodka that was about half full. I figured they'd never miss a swig so picked it up and took a belt. I immediately realized it was turpentine and only after I put it down did I notice the layer of dried grey paint in the bottom! Fortunately I didn't swallow much and immediately went and rinsed my mouth out with proper mouthwash! That was a definite learning experience!!
That's a 3 Stooges moment for sure... LOL

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
Sometimes there was a line around the block but it moved pretty fast. Sometimes waiting and talking to people in line was the most fun part! Part of the Primanti experience I guess.
Last time I went was in the early 80's. I remember the bumpy brick road with huge dips. I guess that has been redone by now.

Latest posts