Added one more to the fleet.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by gregh, Sep 19, 2009.

1. gregh

gregh Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Left to right, my car(we call it "A"), car "B" that I put together mostly out of spare part for my GF to drive & the latest addition to the fleet is car "C" which I just bought today to replace B. B is going to get stripped apart down to a shell because the slimeball I bought it from didn't include the detail that it has a salvage title. In Alberta, that requires it to go through a intense inspection including a laser frame check & any deviation from factory specs will cause it to fail. Once it fails, it can never be registered in the province for street use.
    So..... Everything is getting stripped off it & it's getting transplanted to C. When I bough C included was a set of new 1/4 panels that it desperately needs & a brand new set of front fenders. The underside is in great shape with no rust on the floors or frame rails, just the 1/4's rotted off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RaycerX81

RaycerX81 Veteran Member

What are those wheels. I dig them.

3. Mr.SS

Mr.SS Veteran Member Gold Member

I was wondering if you want to sell them.

4. gregh

I have no idea what those wheels are but yes, they will be for sale as well as any other leftover parts when I'm done stripping B. C is going to get the Prostars that are on B now.

They are all 15X7's I think, I'll let you know tomorrow when I go back to my shop & continue the stripping.

5. moms1978

moms1978 Veteran Member

all 3 look great

6. gregh

Sorry guys, I was wrong on the wheel size. they are 14X7's.

7. 3origZlovers

3origZlovers Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like you and your girl friend will have matching cars...yeah that title crap can sure get in the way. Good luck with your project.:D

8. gregh

Car C is a black on black model while mine was midnight blue with a blue interior. I changed everything in mine to be black a few years ago.
    Since I'll be using the same Pro Star mags, at night it will be tough to tell them apart especially if C get the same style stripes.

C is actually a fully loaded car, power windows, locks, power antenna, air, t-tops, ect. I'm going to leave all the luxury stuff in it except for the air. It's far too crowded under the hood with all that crap still hooked up.
    I got B about 1/2 stripped today, engine & tranny are all unbolted & ready to lift, frame connectors are out, fuel pump & 1/2 braided lines are out. Tomorrow I'll yank the driveline, gut the interior & hopefully be able to kick it out & get C into the shop.

9. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Can you throw up some photos of the roll cage in Car A. I think I saw one in it.

Mike

10. sooner

sooner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That sucks about the title on car B. I ran into some title trouble on one I bought too and had to make a parts car out of it. Its amazing how very important details about a "clear title" dont seem to surface untill you already have car paid for and in your posession.