Adirondack Nationals- Lake George 9/5,9/6, 9/07

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by mcrrt, Aug 2, 2008.

1. mcrrt

mcrrt Veteran Member

Stop by on friday and talk to Mr Fbody, he will know if he can get a open spot for you. The open spots are usually first come first serve very early on saturday, but like I said talk to Mike.

2. 79BlueSC

79BlueSC Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I will be there for sure on Saturday with my roommate and a female acquaintance of mine haha.

Yes I am a SUNY Student and i have never been to Guptills? what is it?

Mike (Mr. FBDY) do you still have passes that we can get to get in ?

3. 1WILDZ

1WILDZ Veteran Member

make sure your home work is done before you go

4. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Eric,

Guptills is a place in Latham where the Capital region's largest car show is held. June thru September, 2nd Monday of the month. Guptill's is a roller skating arena and an ice cream stand. All cars in the Capital area come to this show; 300-500 cars. Anything from a 4 cylinder Austin Healy to some of the most radical cars in the area. For you to get there, take 87 North, get off at exit 7, follow the signs to route 9 north. Go about 2 miles and you'll be at Guptill's. Believe me, you can't miss it. Its so crowded, the Colonie Police have to come out and direct traffic! And the ice cream is worth the trip!

I'll be there. The show is from 4:00PM ish til dark. No charge for registration or admission. Everything is free......except the ice cream!

5. mcrrt

mcrrt Veteran Member

Prepping the Z for a big show is time consuming, I think i'm almost ready. I even had the a/c system changed over and charged up. Engine is running way better than last year with the carb rebuilt, I cant wait to hit the Northway. Eric, Steve 74, you guys still have my cell number? If not pm me tonight or in the am, i'm leaving around noon time tomorrow.

6. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ok so who took pictures?

7. 79BlueSC

79BlueSC Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I actually didn't end up going to Lake George. Plans were to go on Saturday but apparently we were getting the aftermath of whatever hurricane there was. So i figured it was not worth it to drive there and see a bunch of cars under neath their covers.

8. sniggle_t

sniggle_t Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I took pic's but am still in the process of putting the show to bed for the year. I hope to start putting the pictures on our website later this week.

9. Steve's 74

Steve's 74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yea, that's pretty much what I thought too. wasn't gonna chance it with having to travel 4hrs each way.

10. sniggle_t

sniggle_t Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It rained from about 7am until around 9:30am pretty steady. Then it tapered off to a drizzle and eventually stopped for most of the afternoon. It started a slow rain again about the time we did the awards ceremony. Even with the rain there was a still huge crowds and 90% of the show cars. They even cruised in the rain. Spectators stood 10 deep to watch it too!