advise on fighting a ticket

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by SpeedAddict02, May 10, 2014.

1. z28dug

z28dug Veteran Member

I say you got what you deserve! My God son killed in the line of duty several years back by a speeding motorist using her cell phone...I have very little love for speeders....if the speed limit is 50 why in the world would you set your cruise to 65 and when was the last time your cruise was calibrated.

I personally think the penalty for going 20+ over should be a week in solitary confinement with a camp toilet, a week's worth of MRE's and a bible......

2. SpeedAddict02

SpeedAddict02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm sorry about your God son. But I wasn't on my cell phone and my cruise was at 65 b/c that was the speed limit before I went into a different county and it changed & I didn't realize it.
    I too have "very little love" for people I see on their cell phones & texting while driving. I realize the dangers of an out of control 3500lb steel box and do my best to be as aware as humanly possible of things going on around me and things I am doing at the same time. I have a commercial drivers license so I have a little more training and experience than your average driver. Was just an honest mistake.. I drive 170 miles everyday to/from work so I see plenty of idiots and people who have no business with a driver's license on the road so I can sympathize with your feelings.

But I just paid the fine and moved on.

Thank you to everyone for their advise.

3. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

I know this is off topic but......"advice" not "advise". ;)