After Market Control Arms

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by alan0043, Jan 28, 2021.

1. alan0043

alan0043 Member

2. Bowtie7677

Bowtie7677 Member

3. bonedoc

bonedoc Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have a 1971 Camaro Z-28 Rally Sport. Changed over to Global West tubular upper and lower front control arms with Delrin bushings. Got 5.2 degrees of caster. Makes driving a "new" experience. Could not be more happy with these. Exceptionally well made. NOTE: they offer offset upper cross shafts to increase camber, running 0.5 degrees of negative camber. So if your tires are aligned now and your running a "ton" of shims, one should consider this option. You can order directly and tell them you want the offset shafts, no extra cost. At Summit Racing and Jegs, I never saw offset shafts as an option, so I ordered direct. Great customer service. My 2 cents

4. 665 Almost Evil

665 Almost Evil New Member

great post! and great information....

5. VitoC

VitoC New Member

I bought Global West upper control arms. Car handles fantastic. I have bought a number of products from them and their entire staff went out of their way when I called with questions or had to change to a different part. Great customer service and a great product

6. VitoC

VitoC New Member

Oops...Upper and lowers!!

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Veteran Member

I have purchased CPP (Custom Performance Products) upper and lower control arms. I know they are not at the top of the list with DSE and a few others, but I can tell you that the fabrication quality is very good. I've been in tubular/sheet metal fabrication my entire career so I know some about tube fabrication. But I will temper my enthusiasm because I haven't installed them yet so actual performance is still yet to be seen for me. Best bang for the buck? I can't say for sure, but it seemed like it at the time when I was doing the research as you are now. Just wanted to share my 2 cents. Attached photo is of the parts when I unpacked them. Look closely at the welds, fit, and finish etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  8. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

I had the same experience, after looking over and installing the tubular upper/lower arms (coil overs) and going through the travel settings and motion ratios, I then quickly found out that the Caster/camber was still limited, I reverted back to the OEM lowers and SPC uppers with Delrin bushings.

My alignment guy loves them, it takes no time/tools to adjust,(I actually do it now) no need to open the hood, no offset cross shafts and using or pilling shims in there, and you can get into the 7*-8 +caster range and 2-3 - neg camber with just a turn of the sleeves, quick"n"easy for track settings.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    BonzoHansen likes this.
  9. alan0043

alan0043 Member

Hi Everyone,

I want to let you guys know that I am still reading and learning. Please keep the comments coming. I have been doing some reading in the engine section so I can get an idea of what motor I should run. But I will save questions about the engine for the engine section of the forum.

10. biker

biker Veteran Member

Same here, mine a great. Learning curve for my alignment guy, but huge improvement in ride and handling once set up.