Aftermarket Power Windows

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Detrailers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Detrailers

Detrailers Veteran Member

2. 2nd gen Guy

2nd gen Guy Veteran Member

I'm using the ones from Classic Ind, made by Electric life. Never saw those before

3. Detrailers

Do you like them and how was the install?

4. Detrailers

5. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Those kits differ from factory power window equipped cars tho-factory cars used a stainless switch and the OE motors were grounded to the door shell. I've built several harnesses for other forum members who wanted modern power window options like auto down. The newer style switch requires a dedicated ground since it uses a power window motor with reversing polarity. These are just some things to keep in mind when ordering and installing those kits. I don't care much for the quality of their harnesses tho-I have seen some horrid examples from Electric Life so be sure to look the harness over carefully.

6. Detrailers

7. 2nd gen Guy

That's the Electric Life kit that I got . They work good and are quiet. Junkyard dog made my harness and it all works great . My issue at th moment is getting them adjusted, new door seals are tight and I'm not sure how to adjust the glass for a better slide

8. Detrailers

Is it diilfficult to install them? Seems like it would be a nightmare getting the new regulators in...what did the harne

9. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I decided on Specialty Power Windows after doing some research. Its not a knock on Electric Life either.

The SPW regulators bolted up very easily. Construction is very good. They come with full wiring and the console switch.

I haven't operated them yet so I cannot comment on that aspect yet. But reviews indicated they function very well.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Specialty-Pow...indow-Kit-7081CAM-2C-/261877816354?nav=SEARCH

10. 2nd gen Guy

My body guy put em in so I don't know how hard to install. They weren't too hard to get out tho. The ones 76 LT got look like a good set, but you will still need some more harness to go with that kit too if you don't have any existing wiring it looks like.
    Check in with Junkyard dog to see what he can do for you, he's a great guy and KNOWS car wiring. Uses hi quality stuff