Aftermarket Stereo System Issue

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by Zachary, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Zachary

Zachary New Member

Hey all, I have a 78 Camaro LT with an aftermarket stereo system. It consists of a pioneer deh-p6900ub head unit, four speakers, a subwoofer, and two 600W amps. I have been trying to connect the system to my phone recently (Google Pixel 2xl). I found a 3.5mm to usb-c aux cable that seemed like it would work and installed it.
    The issue is, when I play music through my phone to the stereo, it only plays through the back speakers and the sound is much quieter than other inputs. When I go back and play music through the FM radio, all speakers work at a normal volume. I looked through the stereo settings and my phones settings and could not find anything. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Zachary

2. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds like it could be an issue with the cable itself or simply compatibility issues between the adapters. The USB-c is digital...the 3.5mm is analog...there may be an issue between the 2. Does the phone have a 3.5mm output jack on it?

This is one main reason the last head unit I bought had BT. The sound is better than a CD or MP3 from a thumb drive.

3. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I wonder if you're feeding signal into a rear channel output circuit and back feeding to the amp?