Aftermarket Z28 wheels

73RATTYZ28

Veteran Member
Feb 23, 2001
White Plains NY USA
anyone try the new ones summit and jegs are selling? After buying a set having them blasted and paint plus hoping they will balance makes 200 each sound pretty good. How is the color?

72'z'steve

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2000
waukesha wi usa
After 40-50 years,its hard to find set with lugholes that aren't all wallowed out from air gun on lug nut abuse too! Makes new for non numbers car sound good!!Also interested in feedback! Steve!!

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I'm tempted to buy just the new wheels and use the trim rings and caps off the ones on the car now. I have some sort of weird warp or slight bend/shake in one I had put on the rear as to not feel it. I would have to have them powder coated #11 Antique White to match the car, have NO idea what that would cost?

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Bent steel wheels can be easily straightened at a shop that has the equipment to do it. There is a body shop here in my small city that does it. You might have a shop near you that does it too.

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Before my wheels were stolen out of my storage unit - I had 2 that were warped. I called a shop that specializes in straightening wheels and they wouldn't even look at mine when I said they were the 5 spoke from a 2nd gen Camaro. Said it was near impossible to get right because they warp in the center section and it was a hit or miss in getting them straight. Don't know, you may find a better shop. But before you spend money on straightening, make sure the lug nut holes are in good shape. What really aggravated me was the thieves got the trim rings and caps.

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
These are the only 15x7 rims, so it’s got of be these.
https://www.jegs.com/i/OER/691/R3045/10002/-1

959B54C8-D9CC-418D-B82A-9678E23F078C.png

73RATTYZ28

Veteran Member
Feb 23, 2001
White Plains NY USA
Those are them they are the new design and they balanced fine. I lined them up next to the originals and they appear identical. Bought the OER wheel paint to match the spare and its pretty close. For the price they seem like a bargain if you don't need the older ones for a correct Resto. I will snap some photos side by side in the next few days.

Latest posts