Alignment Help Please

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by fvdillon, Feb 24, 2019.

1. fvdillon

fvdillon Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Your car looks great

2. fvdillon

I'll see where I can get today, at least on trunk, thx everyone. Any suggestions on my hood? Jim

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

From the pics it looks like a couple things have to happen on the hood. First thing the striker needs adjusted. It's the vertical rod in the center of the front of the hood that goes into the lock assembly. There are two jamb nuts on the striker. One above where the striker threads into the hood and one below.loosen the bottom one and turn the striker clockwise. close the hood and see if the center is parallel with the header. When you get the two level, tighten both jamb nuts. Is the hood contacting the rubber snubbers at the end of the rad support? If so turn the drivers side one down. If not, it appears to be a hinge-to-fender adjustment. Is the hood all the way closed in the pics? Also try to get the enduro nose up as high as possible before you start filling. If you can move it up, it might look fine.

4. 67johnny

67johnny Veteran Member

Had the same issue with the OER trunk seal and replace with the Metro soft seal and issue was gone.

5. fvdillon

Thank you everyone for suggestions. Been so busy working, haven't any time to work on car. Jim