AMERICAN AUTO WIRE 510581

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by serpent710, Nov 11, 2021.

1. serpent710

serpent710 Veteran Member

Help!!! I purchased this kit as it states it is for my 79. When I was trying to install it last night I noticed that there is no wiring for the power windows (This is specifically why i was replacing the harness) Has anyone else run into this and what did you do?

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The painless harness is the same way. There is a connection for the harness, but doesn't come with the harness. Not a ton of people had power windows and locks.

4. serpent710

I told the guy it should state that in the description. I would have no problem ordering one but instead they don't even have one available for the Camaro. So I tore my car apart and now cant finish it because they do not make one for our cars but they are making one for the T/A which I was told while on the phone. He told me I could get one by Monday. Associate then tells me to check with Jegs or Summit to get it cheaper so I do. I go to the web site of both companies and they say out of stock waiting on the supplier. I call back to order it from American Auto wire, Different person tells me they have not even been made yet. I tell him what I was just told and he asks who told me that. I tell him and he transfers me to the guy who precedes to tell me that it was available when I called but now its gone and I have to wait:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. serpent710

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I don't see why you couldn't make the harness yourself? A few wires, the connector can be reused and the both the connectors and pins are sold.

7. serpent710

Because I didn't think I would have too since it says it is for the whole car. $900 kit you would think comes with everything or at least notes what's missing.