Amplifier advice

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by 8pack, Dec 6, 2014.

1. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am not a total audiophile. I just want something that will play my stereo with a little umph and rive a sub woofer. Compact and simple is the priority.

This is my head unit. I have 6x9s in the back and 2 three inch speakers up front.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500HD148BT/Alpine-CDE-HD148BT.html?tp=5684

Here is an amp I found that seems to be a pretty good solution. 5 channel.

Soundstream PN5.640D Picasso Nano 640 W 5-Channel Class D digital Car Audio Amplifier

http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-PN5-640D-Picasso-5-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00G051S7I/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A18CQ5FFITKTLU

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. jroach

jroach Veteran Member

i can't speak to the quality of the soundstream amp as i have never used one. but what i can say is that when i was shopping for budget speakers, i went down to car stereo one and listen to some different subs, all on the same jbl amp. and the sound stream 10in subs that they had seemed very muddy as compared to the alpine bass line 10s that i ended up purchasing.

3. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Years and Years ago Soundstream was one of the highest quality amps on the market.
    But they got bought out. THe quality went down the toilet at that point and never got better. Soundstream speakers were never good.

Michael

4. 8pack

Ok. Thanks. I didn't hear back so I think my wife already got it for me for Xmas. Will let you know how it works out.

5. 75Camaro4x4

75Camaro4x4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a NVX 5 channel amp for sale. $200 shipped, 1 month old.

I've heard the Picaso Nano series doesn't do rated, but I installed one (Not the 5 channel) in a buddy's car and he was happy with it.

6. Bumpad_Z28

Bumpad_Z28 Veteran Member

I think you will be happy with that Amp .. especially for the price ;) .. Make sure you use quality installation products / sizes ;)

~DaVe

7. 8pack

Back ttt....

Still looking for the right 5 channel amp. Santa did not deliver on that for me. Ideally I am looking for something small and compact. My old amps were just too big. I am not a total audiophile I just want something that will sound decent and drive a sub woofer.

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks!

8. 75Camaro4x4

75Camaro4x4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

pm replied. I found your post lol

9. br80z

br80z Veteran Member

10. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

Last spring I installed a JVC driven 5 channel in a 2011 Camaro. I install JL 6.5 components in the factory locations, JL 6x9's in the rear and a single JL 10" sub (forgot the model). This amp used the factory radio and I installed LL adapters for the signal.

This amp blew my mind! It was clean and powerful. The sub was crisp and never missed a beat or clipped. The highs were clear with TONS of head room!

[​IMG]

Hands down.....best bang for you buck.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015