Amsoil - How do I leave a review on a product?

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
It‘s good. But it has nothing to do with what I’m trying to do. I know some sites won’t post a bad review and there are fake reviews out there especially on Amazon.

djorgensen3

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2009
Peoria, Az
I went and looked at my account and I see what you mean. I can't leave a review about a product I ordered either...at least I don't see where to do it anyway.

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
I went and looked at my account and I see what you mean. I can't leave a review about a product I ordered either...at least I don't see where to do it anyway.
Unreal. Maybe b/c of all the bad reviews they’re getting about the Company since management has changed and has gone down hill.

I still have not received a reply back from Amsoil from their first email specifying the instructions.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
It's always been Scamsoil for me, never had good luck with their oil, tried it a couple times. My buddy had 12 bolt burn up in his race car using their crap gear lube. The shop that rebuilt it said that amsoil gear lube will not clime on the gear thus the lube is sitting in the same area of the rear end and the gears got hot and failed, not my words, his words.

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
I'm no oil expert, but I have used Amsoil gearlube in all my differentials for over 30 years and have had no failures or wearouts of any kind. I know that proves nothing other than it has worked well for me.

danbrennan

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 1999
Brighton, MI
I've only used Amsoil in our backup generator, because that's what the installer said Briggs and Stratton recommended.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I'm no oil expert, but I have used Amsoil gearlube in all my differentials for over 30 years and have had no failures or wearouts of any kind. I know that proves nothing other than it has worked well for me.
Well I have to say I really believed the guy as he had a rear end there that he could spin up with a clear cover on it to see what was going on, sure as heck the amsoil gear lube did not clime on the ring gear at all. That convinced my friend and me too, the only down side was my friend had a big repair bill when the guy was done with his 12 bolt.

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
? is it true --- that to post an Amsoil product review --- that poster must first have an Amsoil account ?
If so, that would all but guarantee a rather biased database --- one scewed in favor of Amsoil.
Marketing Brilliance!

FWIW, Shell Spirax HD gear oils have a well-established record of great performance. Ya don't have to pledge an allegiance to get Spirax --- same goes for Shaeffer's lube-oil.

BonzoHansen

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 1, 2005
Scott from Hamilton, NJ
Well I have to say I really believed the guy as he had a rear end there that he could spin up with a clear cover on it to see what was going on, sure as heck the amsoil gear lube did not clime on the ring gear at all. That convinced my friend and me too, the only down side was my friend had a big repair bill when the guy was done with his 12 bolt.
Sounds like a Lucas oil display

Latest posts