An oil/energy post even musclecarjohn will like

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Rick WI, Aug 4, 2008.

1. li0nhart123

li0nhart123 Veteran Member

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Iraq/wm217.cfm

From 2002....."U.S. companies can no longer deal directly with Iraq for its oil imports. U.S. companies are forced to deal with third party vendors as a result of a ban on all American companies imposed by Iraq."

....all if this changed in 2003 after the invasion...what a coincidence!!...mind you...the oil ain't flowing as freely as the gov had expected it to after liberation.

2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Interesting....thanks, if it lives up to the point, I'm archiving this for future talks.

3. La.Z8

La.Z8 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I do hope that natural gas stays at a nice constant $ as I live and have other property dead on top of the newly found Haynesville Shale,[very lg gas reserves]property is leasing at silly $ amounts,[cha ching]. The area around where I live is doing very well, housing is still stable, houses are still being built and selling often.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  4. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Remember that you are quoting an oil futures contract, which is merely a benchmark for physical crude. While a lower benchmark would mean a lower physical price, we don't know what the differentials to the futures price is doing, which will paint a clearer picture. There is the misconception that the NYMEX futures price is THE price, which is not correct. This is just something to consider, not an end-all be-all answer.

But I always tell people who think they are getting screwed at the pump to invest in refiners and energy companies to hedge themselves :)