Annoying Commercials....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Jul 5, 2021.

1. RickM

RickM Veteran Member

Progressive Insurance, cant stand them

2. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

I've noticed this also.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Oh yeah, I've had enough of Doug.
    His Emu is reaching the end of it's useful life as well.

And Jake from State Farm. He is not the original Jake and, we get it, everyone gives you free stuff for the "great rates" you give them. Complete fallacy. Plus, when you go to make a claim, you realize why you saved so much money. They do not want to pay out.

1972_Z-28, 72'z'steve, La.Z8 and 2 others like this.
  4. Matt T

Matt T Veteran Member

Yes, this...all day long.

La.Z8, roadrace2 and riderwestslope like this.
  5. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

Not sure if this was mentioned - came to this post a little late - anyway;

Subaru commercials...…insinuating that their cars you purchase are like kids or pets.

First commercial shows the owners standing outside a fenced outdoor pen while the "Subaru's" are driving around in circles socializing and playing like dogs would in a park.

Second commercial is a couple talking about purchasing 2 Subaru's initially "but the third one was unexpected", showing "the middle one" wearing a tattoo and being the most rambunctious while parked in the driveway...….makes me sick.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  6. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I dare say that 2/3 's of the commercials are soooooo worried that "someone/thing" was "underrepresented" ...that by the time the commercial is 5 seconds in..you're already gagging and have no dam clue what they are even trying to "sale"..
    might just be me...

dcozzi, Da-bigguy, La.Z8 and 4 others like this.
  7. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

Aw, man. Forgot about the Subaru commercials. How about the one where the brother and sister are on the way to a wedding? At the end, their leaning up against the muddy car like they are soooo special. Makes me puke.

Mods, any chance we can get some new emojis? Especially one that's puking? That one would really come in handy. Thanks!

1972_Z-28, La.Z8, roadrace2 and 2 others like this.
  8. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

You know what I hate? Commercials at gas pumps! All the new or updated gas pumps at stores around me have like a 10 inch video screen that plays commercials while I'm pumping gas. Some are for the store, like come get a fountain drink and snack. Others are for other crap like fuel injector cleaner or wiperblades. Others are for toothpase, tylenol, mouthwash, shoes just all kinds of crap. Then they throw in Sports news, weather, and national news. I don't want to see or hear any of that crap while I'm filling up with gas. I'm getting to where I avoid those places to stop at just so I don't have to hear it.

Da-bigguy and gramps like this.
  9. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^ Around here most of the screens have touch buttons around them,second one down on right side mutes it-guy I know works on gas systems cued me in.Don't know if your area are the same design.
    My beef with commercials has been going on for a few years-EVERY man is "stupid" or a moron-guy is told there is money in his house so he sledge hammers holes in the walls looking for it :rolleyes:o_O:( Crap that insults what little intelligence I have turns me off :crazy: Clever I can appreciate stupid is just that--thats what I mostly see lately-Later Steve!!

Da-bigguy and gramps like this.
  10. PBZ28

PBZ28 Veteran Member

The drug commercials are the worst! Plus about 2 minutes long. Ask your doctor about Stoptheshits!!!

carr911, Da-bigguy and ggtsvnv like this.