Another heater core question!!

TheFastForester

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 9, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
Good thinkin Kev, good idea. Keep us posted on any other tricks and how things are going. It'll go back together, but it helped that I tooks some pics, like you are doing, along the way.

deus402

May 20, 2009
Omaha, NE
TheFastForester said:
The lower nut on the driver's side of the A/C box is a doozy to reach, if you have a secret to removing that one relatively quickly let us know! That one generated some French both removing and reinstalling.

11mm ratcheting wrench from underneath the car was pretty painless.

Attachments

• camaro pics 062-1.jpg
    camaro pics 062-1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Luvmycamaros

May 23, 2009
New Paltz, NY
So i had coolant leaking from right behind the passenger side wheel and just infront of the door. I figured it was the heater core, so i bypassed it and the leak stopped. What im wondering is, there was never any coolant leaking inside the car..do you guys think the core is shot, or could it just be a busted hose..

KEVS79

Veteran Member
Mar 3, 2008
GLADSTONE, MO
Luvmycamaros said:
So i had coolant leaking from right behind the passenger side wheel and just infront of the door. I figured it was the heater core, so i bypassed it and the leak stopped. What im wondering is, there was never any coolant leaking inside the car..do you guys think the core is shot, or could it just be a busted hose..

Seems like the heater core would leak on the inside, not outside. It's easy enough to chk the hoses that you unhooked. If they are ok, there is not anything else between the core and the hoses.