Another skip white satisfied customer, heads up warning, "AGAIN"

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by mrdragster1970, May 24, 2015.

1. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

I'd be curious to know if the Chinese even assemble and dyno test their own knockoffs. If they spent the time to build a better mousetrap it may be a different story. But I can see it another way too: if Edelbrock sells 100 sets of heads and 1 has a problem, people rant about it. If Skip White sells 1000 Chinese knockoffs and 100+ have problems, everybody seems to think "oh well, that's why they're cheap."

So moral is the majority of people don't mind paying for crap as long as its cheap. Even the big companies can have problems-but, when they do they really should take care of the customer about it. Back in the day, I worked in high perf. retail and a customer brought in a set of RPM Performer heads he just bought from the shop. One bank would nearly overheat it got so hot. Know what we found it them? You could clearly see a ton of aluminum slag in one of the cooling passages! We sent them in to Edelbrock, and they ultimately (no questions asked) reimbursed the customer everything including dyno charges to reassemble his engine. He just had to submit receipts. Yeah a pita but they came through as best they could once they seen it was their fault.

2. Cuzz

Cuzz Member

I have had issues with major brands like Moroso such as a new breather that was plugged and ended up blowing out my intake gasket twice before I figured out what was going on.. In the end, Summit was very nice BUT wouldn't cover anything such as the labor but did cover the intake gasket and a new breather. And right now I believe I have a front trans seal leak and both the TCI trans and TCI converter are brand spanking new and cost me close to $2k..

3. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

In this economy, no matter where you turn or who you buy from you could end up with a $hit product.

Everyone wants to make the biggest possible profit in the shortest amount of time with the least amount of effort. I suspect Skip White is one of those Gentlemen.

Not talking about the smaller shops run by people with integrity and pride here. Stuff like that shines onto what you make.

Oh put me on the list of people shafted by one of the big $$$ American super duper quality companies. My bonspeeds had a crap finish when they showed up and apparently I'm not alone. Made in America.

4. TL73Z28

TL73Z28 Veteran Member

Skip White is the Devil!

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What brought this comment about?

6. TL73Z28

TL73Z28 Veteran Member

Nothing - I just thought I'd pile on, I don't even know who Skip White is.

7. stu

stu Veteran Member

'Ol Skip gets his share of grief on this site, for sure. I enjoy reading all the rants, hope he stays in business just for the entertainment value.

Skip White sells imported car parts. My local auto parts store....sells imported car parts. My local auto parts store routinely sells me defective stuff, import and domestic. Everything is a crap shoot, normally the more you pay the better the part but not always.

Most recently, I bought a 5.99 Made in the USA DriveWorx belt because the 15.99 Dayco was out of stock, flipped over in the pulley and self destructed within 15 minutes. Replaced with a Gates, no issue. I can go on, but US made doesn't make it gold.

8. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

What turned me off from using him, ever, was he was here knocking other companies' products.

IIRC, the thread was about the great deal Year One had on their 350 crate motor, and all he did was try to ridicule them, their service, the engine they built, blah blah blah.

To me, there is no better way to show your lack of integrity than to talk bad about another company that's in the same business as you, just to try to out-do them.

9. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I haven't seen a lot, but never seen a Chinese casting that was worth a damn. Their machining is pretty darn good, covers up a lot of misery usually.

10. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

Well, if you are really competent in what you're doing, and show a competitors flaws, I'm ok with that. We want the best shops to prevail, not the dime a dozen cheap shops.

Trash talking, which is what I assume you meant, I completely agree.