Another What Is It Going To Run Thread

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by bracketracer-78, Jul 5, 2012.

1. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

Update: The guy who built the tranny got back to me. I'm looking at $300.00 to change over to another case pending that none of the hard parts are broke. After the new year i will have him fix the tranny and i will install new headers. The ones on the car now are borrowed and the guy who owns them wants them back.

2. bracketracer-78

Another update. The tranny is fixed and the car is up and going. The tranny housing was cracked an the 2nd and 3rd gear bands were burnt. Also, when we pulled the the tranny and removed the torque converter there were pieces rolling around in the converter. Long story short I ended up buying a new transmission specialties 10" spragless with a 4000 stall. We also welded a 1/4" u channel to the floor to mount the shifter to instead of the floor. Last night I made 1 test pass and it went from a to b. I had a carb issue and just put it back on the trailer. I'm either going to fix the carb or I'm just going to put another one on. I should have it at super chevy at maplegrove in 2 weeks.

3. badslife2

badslife2 Veteran Member

good luck!!

4. OldCamaroNut

OldCamaroNut Veteran Member Gold Member

As my sig says, I had a Trans Specialties tranny and it worked great!

5. bracketracer-78

The tranny was rebuilt by a employee of a well known tranny shop on the side. Only the torque converter is from transmission specialties. Everything from the flywheel back now works the way it's supposed to.

6. bracketracer-78

Well, I took it to the track and the result at the time was disappointing. I only made one pass. The carb was acting up and it only went 13.28 @ 99.60 dropping cylinders. Tonight a new carb was thrown on and when I was changing the plugs and on cylinders 1,3,and 5 the gap was completely closed. I got some shorter plugs to put back in it. It's going down the track on Friday at super chevy at maplegrove. I will post the update.

7. bracketracer-78

Well that's a wrap for this year. On the way to super chevy on Thursday the rear in the suburban exploded. It's going to cost about a grand to fix. Between that, a car insurance bill, and I have to order coal for the winter my savings account is wiped out. Today I'm going to drain the fuel cell and get it ready for winter storage.

8. bracketracer-78

Well, just for the heck of it I took it back to the track tonight. Now it went 12.04 @ 111, on 6 cylinders. It looks like I am going to have to index the plugs. The gaps keep going closed.

9. bracketracer-78

I worked on the car today and # 7 cylinder was the only one that had a issue. I'm just going to pick a plug that the electrode is not down. I should be ready for next racing season.