Anvil 2nd gen Camaro hood

anvil1

Oct 9, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Alright, I'm doing it right this time and just starting a new thread with the sketches of what we have in mind for our second gen carbon fiber hood. We are making cf parts for first gen Camaros and are now concentrating on the beloved second gen. Besides a hood we will start with an RS nose piece, a deck lid, filler panel and custom 1 pc.spoiler.
I would like feedback on the sketches we did as well as a concensus if additional hood clearance is a requirement for most people, and if so, how much? I know too much is never enough for some folks, but try to give me feedback that is quantifiable. I know some people just want a good fitting hood that weighs less but looks stock. We will probably eventually make more than one styule hood, but want to see what the masses react to before we pull the trigger.
Thanks in advance to all who participate!

Best, MaTT
ANVil

Attachments

• g2concepts111607.jpg
    g2concepts111607.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,748
Last edited:

NotUniqueEnough

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 25, 2007
Lost
I personaly like 3 6 7 9. I'm one of the ones who is concerned with hieght as everything would still be below the stock hood. so I have little input there other than I think cowl hoods more than 2" tall start to look funny.

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
A hair off topic,but while I gotchahere,how bout some interior pieces.We're out in the cold with some stuff like side headliner pieces and pillar post trim for second gen.They would look awsome in c/f inside.I think they would sell like hotcakes.I know I'd buy em up.

BACK IN BLACK Z

Veteran Member
Jul 17, 2000
Leesville La
I like how #s 5 & 6 capture the late 70s hood styles. I whoul love to see them done with a factory styled stripe around the scoops on the correct corisponding Z/28 with factory side stripes. They would help pull off the 18" wheel look of those years also. These are paintable right?

Marks71BB

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
krabben1 said:
A hair off topic,but while I gotchahere,how bout some interior pieces.We're out in the cold with some stuff like side headliner pieces and pillar post trim for second gen.They would look awsome in c/f inside.I think they would sell like hotcakes.I know I'd buy em up.
I would tend to agree. the sail panels and kick panels would be a great market. All the old plastic pieces that deteriorate over time. I would be buying...$$$ talks.
I plan on making a custom dash because you just cant find a decent one anywhere without spending serious cash for a thirty five year old design that wasnt very good to begin with.

Make a carbon fiber dash for our cars and yer talkin!! I'll offer my help gratis and still pay ya five bills for one.

spoonLT1355

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 1, 2003
Rockledge Pa
As for my opinion.
3, 7, & 8 look too ricer

#2 is too common in 'glass that nobody would think of getting one in cf because of the price difference. ( there are a few that would though)

1, 5, 6, & 9 have the best chances, they are different and nobody makes them (except for #9)

#4 ----- I'm on the line with that one -----not sure what to think about it.

and like others have already said, I would have to see what weight savings and price difference would be to see if it would be worth the purchase.

I myself, have the 4" 'glass bolt on cowl.

rgearhead

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 14, 2006
SOUTHWEST CHICAGO, ILL
hi ,,,welcome to nasty........#2 cowls will always sell ie if price is not to insane,,also like #s 5,6 and think they would sell....also can you give me a heads up on the carbon RS nose ,,,verry intrested after made want to see fit and finish....the original that is on my car now is wickedly worped and twisted,,,so i bought 1 of thouse repoped 1s,,,, it still in the box in my loft awaiting a car total tear down ,,,,some day.....................