Any advice on water rain leak please

Discussion in '1977 Z28' started by Maximo Gonzalez, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Maximo Gonzalez

Maximo Gonzalez New Member

1977 Camaro LT. Hey guys first time on the forum, I have a real issue when it rains I have a lot of water accumulation under my driver seat. It also accumulates under my passenger seat. It is not the footwells but is directly under the seat . I recently changed the weather stripping around both my doors and seems to be working but can't figure out where this water is coming in from. I am ruling out the – or windshield since the windshield was recently replaced and I have no water underneath by the foot wells of each side. It's a little moist due to the carpet being so wet under the seat it travels through the carpet a bit.

2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Check the A pillar for where the wires for the door go through. The grommet or tube they run in my not be seated.

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Try taking the front seats and the carpet out .Then someone gets inside while and watches for leaks while using a garden hose on te car.

Coadster32 likes this.
  4. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds like you have holes in the floor. Remove the seat and fold back the carpet and look.

5. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

This could be if the car is driven in the rain. Pull the seats and carpet and you may find the source of your leak as Zspoiler said.

6. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

Check the drain holes for the rocker panels. They are under the car just in front of the rear wheel wells, on the inside of the pinch weld. The holes are square and may or may not be covered by rubber flaps. If these are plugged with leaves, pine needles or other trash, water can back up in the rockers and leak out of the interior pinch weld.

zfool likes this.
  7. Maximo Gonzalez

It's leaking through the bottoms of windshield area. There's an open bolt hole but the majority is comming in through the wiper linkage vent duct. But no idea how to fix this? Not sure what prevents water from comming In from there !?

Attached Files:

8. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

D80C8669-45B4-457E-8128-184BA291F1CF.jpeg 2816F30E-4740-4EA1-9ADE-21A8759B08B9.jpeg There should be a hood bumper on either side in that hole. Mine has one in the middle too.

9. Maximo Gonzalez

Really clean set up ! I have a corvette hood so it doesn't fit perfectly. I can close those hood bumper holes but my concern is the wiper vent duct. Not sure why that's even open? When water goes into there, it Pours inside the foot wells.

10. Maximo Gonzalez