Any difference in these Oil Filters ????

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by muscl car, Mar 4, 2020.

1. biker

biker Veteran Member

How about Fram?

NYH1, dcozzi, 76z28 and 1 other person like this.
  2. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I like any of the high end filters
    Currently using a k and n
    Have a Mobil 1 302a on the shelf that will be going on with the next oil change.
    I use 10w-30 Mobil 1 and a wix, k and n, or Mobil 1 oil filter.
    I'll never use a Fram filter since the last one I used I SWEAR killed the engine in my vette

muscl car likes this.
  3. lodgers

lodgers New Member

Neither of them. Get a Amsoil remote dual bypass system. The bypass filter goes to .2 microns and the main filter 99% at 20 microns. Choose your viscosity by the internal engine tolerances you have. The closer tolerance the thinner lubricant-in general. Use Amsoil lubricants and your motor is warranted against oil failure by Amsoil in your normal vehicles with most 12 months 24k - 36k miles per year! I've used Amsoil filters and lubricants in ALL my vehicles since 1976...They ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Just kinda a funny name. https://www.amsoil.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0rK0u4yT6AIVTL7ACh060gR7EAAYASAAEgJv2PD_BwE ref 1342756.

69 454 Camaro
    69 Z10 Camaro
    70 RS Camaro

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  4. lodgers

lodgers New Member

You need to try Amsoil filters and lubricants.

5. Buddy70z28

Buddy70z28 New Member

My opinion is NEVER use a synthetic product of any kind unless you started using it from brand new and then I'm still not a fan of anything man made. Use what has a proven track record of results, Wix, Valvoline etc. because we have had no problems since the early 60's and unless you are into the restomod thing then no need to change tradition! Just my thoughts.

1980Z-28 and muscl car like this.
  6. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I trust my engine builder who has been in business for over 35 years and a former NHRA Pro Stock driver . If he says to run a Moroso Oil filter and screen plus run Valvoline VR1 10W-30 Racing oil then that's what I'll run

7. 1980Z-28

1980Z-28 Member Lifetime Gold Member

I currently use Wix filters (either 51061 or 51069), but have previously used K&N and Bosch. For oil, I use Valvoline VR1 10-30W racing oil (which typically means the oil has a high zinc content). Just a mild 350, with the filter mounted in the stock location on the block. No, there's no bypass valve and no anti-drain back valve. But the Wix filters down to 21 microns, and I only drive the car in good conditions. So it is never in dust or on dirt roads ingesting anything. And this engine is already broken in. Just changed the oil, filter, and spark plugs again last weekend. Used a bore scope to look in the cylinders and oil pan. Zero buildup anywhere -- all very clean. And the cylinder walls look like a freshly built engine -- the crosshatching is totally unscuffed. The valvetrain all looks fresh and new, too. I've had no issue with high temps or oil pressure issues, at higher RPMs or low cruising RPMs, using Wix filters. So I'll stick with Wix and the Valvoline VR1 in mine. Just my two cents'.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    muscl car likes this.
  8. Richard Schultz

Richard Schultz Veteran Member

I have always used wix filters and Rotella 10w-30 in the winter,15w-40 in the summer with no problems.

9. Richard Schultz

Richard Schultz Veteran Member

Why use wix,wix makes 95% of all filters.Can you get a million miles on your oil,Rotella can.

10. Jfair

Jfair New Member

Why not Fram? Been using them for 25 years with no issue.