Any love for Base, LTs and Berlinettas? (Long read)

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by besserspat, Oct 24, 2021.

1. besserspat

besserspat Member

78TypeLTCamaro do you have pictures of your LT , sounds like a very nice color combo, you got me curious about it.

2. Z28SSRS

Z28SSRS Veteran Member

My very first Camaro was a 1975 Type LT I bought new off my local dealer's lot. It was bright red with a natural or tan interior. I sold it to a coworker in 1978 that really wanted it, and I bought a new Z28 that I still own. My old 1975 is still owned locally, not by the person I sold it to, and I see it every so often.

Z28PILOT and besserspat like this.
  3. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

My buddy had a 80 berlinetta. Blue with light blue interior. I liked the plush comfy classy look of it, he even had the wire wheels, I thought it was sweet

besserspat likes this.
  4. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

The trouble with the Berlinetta wire wheel covers is they are for 14” wheels. Not many decent tires today in a 14” size.

5. besserspat

besserspat Member

There is a dude I know who has a set of 4 Camaro 14s polycast wheels for sale with some bias ply tires on em. I find 14s a little small on Second gens.

6. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

You could get N90 wheels on a Berlinetta... 14" only.

I have the 14" N90s on the front and 15" Z28 N90s in the rear.
    Yes, the fronts are a little small but I like the stance.

7. besserspat

besserspat Member

yeah 14-15 combos are cool , and 15s allows you to get decent width for rear tires, I wanted 14s on my Gremlin X but makes no sense restricting myself to 245 60 14 rear tires when the Gremlin has huge rear wheel wells. I may do the 14" /15" on the Gremmie.

8. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I love my 71 base. It's pretty unoriginal already so I'm looking forward to making whatever changes I want. Especially after a fairly restrictive build on my 73Z. The whole factory side of the resto with date coded parts and such was fun in a challenging sorta way but draining on my soul and my wallet. Once in a lifetime was enough for me, lol.

1972_Z-28, besserspat and Patstuff28 like this.
  9. Quazit

Quazit Veteran Member

Just recently ran into a guy with some parts for an Esprit here in N.C. Left and Right Quarters some other stuff, inner fender wells. Honestly was the first time I heard of them. He called it "Spirit" but he was an old farmer lol.

I like my 77 Base LT. I have added a spoiler to it, and still restoring on it, but I dont plan on doing anything fancy to it.

Attached Files:

besserspat likes this.
  10. besserspat

besserspat Member

BillyDean7173, I know what you mean, I was supposed to do a fun little restoration on my basket case '68 Camaro and was happy that it was a real SS car that came in tuxedo black and gold interior (rare color scheme)

Because its a Canadian car I had GM Historical services get their nose into it, and surprise, it turned out to be a much rarer car than just an SS with a cool color scheme.

So now the car is back, sitting in a corner of the shop, waiting for me to find the time, money and dedication to rebuild it proper.

Rare cars are cool but are a financial burden too. Thats why plain janes are more fun :) And no I dont want to sell the 68 lol... Ill restore it, but only after my daughter finishes school.;)

Peter

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    BillyDean7173 likes this.