Any love for Base, LTs and Berlinettas? (Long read)

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by besserspat, Oct 24, 2021.

1. chuck13

chuck13 Member

To my eye,the early F-bodies,especially the Firebird,with out a rear spoiler look a lot like the first gen Toronados.And I REALLY like the Toros!But SOME F-bodies look kinda naked without the spoiler,again to my eye.

besserspat likes this.
  2. 19806.0Berlinetta

19806.0Berlinetta New Member

Mine is a Berlinetta as well and I still have the original window sticker showing it coming from the factory with the rear spoiler and N90 wheels as added options. I like the Z28s also but will be keeping it as a Berlinetta.

besserspat likes this.
  3. dwheeler

dwheeler New Member

Attached Files:

besserspat and Brett Liukkonen like this.
  4. dwheeler

dwheeler New Member

Here's my Base....bought it new in 1970....yes, had it 51 years....307/350, 4bbl. quadrajet....

besserspat likes this.
  5. green1971

green1971 New Member

I think I have you beat with my 1971 Camaro SS350. I ordered it in September of the prior year. It was my first high performance car that I bought when I graduated college. I never expected to keep it all these years, but I fell in love with it. The first year it was my daily driver, but after that it became my “fun” car that I only drove weekly during good weather (stored during NJ winters). I’ve made some slight modifications over the years, but it’s mostly original - and nothing that can’t be undone - no spoiler. It currently has only 37k original 6939B91B-5AC4-4A67-8536-4BA6BAE1F958.jpeg miles. I consider myself really fortunate to have kept my Camaro all these years. Even luckier to have a wife that understands me (on more than one level).

Side note: I thought of selling it a few years ago, but I don’t think the money would give me the same psychic rewards that this car has. My son told me that when I die he’ll put my ashes in the ashtray and drive me around. Good kid.

6. green1971

green1971 New Member

Please reply with a car pic. I live in Austin, but if I visit Houston anytime soon, maybe we could compare notes about our long time, one-owner Camaros.

7. 70RamAirIII

70RamAirIII Pontiac-aholic

That's just too funny to NOT quote!

LOL

I came around to preferring the spoilerless look - but it's a car to car thing;
    Some cars need the rear spoiler to compliment other pieces - while other cars look cleaner with the spoiler absent.

Weather it be a Camaro or Firebird, first, second or third gen (fourth gens all had them), these days seeing one without a spoiler is quite an uncommon site.

besserspat likes this.
  8. Brett Liukkonen

Brett Liukkonen New Member

I have done a few higher model higher optioned cars over the years and I actually prefer more of a base model. As others have stated, you have complete freedom and what you can do to and with the car at that point. You can add all the factory options you want, you can customize it in any way you want, or just leave it looking stock and original for the sleeper look with a built drive-train lurking below that mundane exterior. And best of all, you will probably drive it and enjoy it much more than you will your 68 SS once you get that done. I would say build it how you would have ordered it and drive the heck out of it!

My 72 is just a Sport Coupe and I have actually been looking into making some SC badging to add to it just like you would see on an SS after playing with the SS badges for placement to see how they may look.

upload_2021-10-29_9-0-49.png
    upload_2021-10-29_9-1-25.png

MadMatt, 1972_Z-28 and besserspat like this.
  9. dwheeler

dwheeler New Member

I hardly ever post anything....I'm still learning how!!!!! camarinebest.jpeg camarinebest.jpeg autorama1.JPG

10. VitoC

VitoC New Member

IMG_0432.JPG
    1976 LT now with 383 stroker and 2 inch cowl

Z28PILOT and Brett Liukkonen like this.