Any turbo guru's here om nasty?? I need a turbo

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by QUAKE_WARS, Jun 25, 2018.

1. jvle95

jvle95 Veteran Member

Worked perfect, thanks. Great shots.

slamdik likes this.
  2. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    slamdik likes this.
  3. slamdik

slamdik Member

Thanks.
    She ain't pretty but she's stong...

4. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

I'm a borgwarner fan. I'm running a s480 on my ls3 swapped 72 camaro. No dyno or track times yet. The Borg turbos are physically larger than most, but are extremely durable , make serious power, and are reasonably priced .
    You need to figure out what rpm range you want to run and size the turbine side accordingly. You will run out of flow with the 75mm turbine pretty quickly on a 6.0. That will create extra heat in the whole system. Can you make your goal of 650 wheel with the 7675, absolutely ! But I think you will be much happier with a 87/81 or 96/88 turbine wheel, without choking the exhaust side and spiking turbo heat. On the compressor side, I would steer towards a 75, 76, or even an 80mm wheel. Any of these will exceed your goals on a 6.0 with pump gas. Anything you can do to cool the air down will be an engine saver. I run a cheap 31x12x4 air to air intercooler and a water/meth setup. I run the Fitech 1200 pa TB injection, innovate SGC 1 boost controller with the AFR/over boost safety, and the J&S safeguard individual cylinder knock retard/monitor.
    Good luck with your build and remember, start conservative on the tune and creep up on it.

5. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

6. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Veteran Member

I ran an ls turbo mustang this weekend and he went boom. 2nd engine for him in a month. Stock bottom end isn't a smart move.

Smokey15 likes this.
  7. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

It's all in the tune and supporting mods. My GN had a stock longblock and I had no problem getting into the 10s on a safe tune. Running C16, I ran about 30 PSI without hurting anything. Others blew up built engines only running 12s. Low timing, high boost with proper A/F ratios and stuff lives a lot longer.

slamdik likes this.