Any turkey hunters out there?

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
We have them all over here where I'm at in NorCal. Apparently now over I think in Marin county a neighborhood is being terrorized by some wild pigs..lol They showed videos of a bunch of them tearing through a neighborhood. But I guess fish and game said they only plan they can think of is lure them so a certain spot then kill them all cause they can't do anything with them.

BLUE72CAMARO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 15, 2004
Bunker Hill, IL
Luckily we dont have wild pigs yet here in IL, yet being the key word. There are a lot of ways to deal with catching wild pigs if you do some searching you will find pretty much every state in the midwest west of the mississippi is dealing with them in one way or another. I have seen quite a few different setups that use a remote activated catch pen with a feeder inside. Once one pig finds it others will follow and over days the whole group will start to trust that it is safe. Once they all go running in when the feeder triggers they wait for them to go in and then trigger it to capture them. Yes there is nothing to do with them besides kill them as you obviously dont want them running around wild. They are good eating from what I hear though.

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
I've had coworkers who would go out 'hunting' wild pigs on ranches here in Texas using AK-47s. I remember seeing a video where they had a feeder to attract a bunch of wild pigs, the feeder surrounding or on top of a bunch of tannerite which they then detonated when it was surrounded with the group of pigs, rather graphic way to get rid of a bunch of those pests!!

ChevyReb

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
SC
I don't have wild turkey often...but when I do.....

I'm not a leg man on birds so the breast meat on them is good. Didn't get to take one last season but got one in '21. I think my covid beard was longer than Tom's 😆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221205-113019_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221205-113019_Chrome.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20221205-113522_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221205-113522_Gallery.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
I don't have wild turkey often...but when I do.....

I'm not a leg man on birds so the breast meat on them is good. Didn't get to take one last season but got one in '21. I think my covid beard was longer than Tom's 😆
Gobble Gobble. Last time I went hunting was about 30 yrs ago in Ocala Fl. I went with a buddy that was from Canisteo NY. This guy had all kinds of turkey call devices. He liked to use a shotgun with a slug. Great shot. Those Birds are smarter than you think.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
Some friends in NC hunt pigs at night with night vision equipped /suppressed AR-15's. They say it's a hoot because the pigs have no idea where the rounds are coming from. Farmers are happy to let them hunt.

CamaroDoc

Veteran Member
Sep 13, 2003
Skiatook, Okla. 74070
I had to take the gf to OKC early Wednesday morning. The turnpike cuts through mostly wooded areas all the way. On the way down, I spotted a huge flock roosting in a couple of large trees. Must have been 50 or 60 birds, total.

Latest posts