Anybody been to an indoor ROCK concert lately?

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
I'm here in Atlanta. Considering going to METALICA show in November with my sons. It has been MANY yrs since I have been to such a venue (Van Halen "08) so I have a simple ?
Now that pot is pretty OPEN and mainstream most EVERYWHERE and this is mostly an INDOOR venue (has a big roof hole...open/close) and being someone who enjoys being EMPLOYED, would there be as much pot smoke inside as say...Guns n Roses opening for Motley Crue concert back in 1987? (there was enough there you would piss hot if you were anywhere in the state of NC)
Things have changed, rules have changed, the damn WORLD has changed....it has been a minute since I have been out there so figured I would ask WHO HAS?

Jimmac

Veteran Member
Dec 24, 2013
tucson az
I worked the Kanye west concert when he came to the u of a, one of the popcorn concession stands is near a bathroom, lady working the stand had to quit because there was so much smoke coming out of the bathroom she was getting a contact high. jim

flint9

Veteran Member
Jun 6, 2016
st louis mo
I'm here in Atlanta. Considering going to METALICA show in November with my sons. It has been MANY yrs since I have been to such a venue (Van Halen "08) so I have a simple ?
Now that pot is pretty OPEN and mainstream most EVERYWHERE and this is mostly an INDOOR venue (has a big roof hole...open/close) and being someone who enjoys being EMPLOYED, would there be as much pot smoke inside as say...Guns n Roses opening for Motley Crue concert back in 1987? (there was enough there you would piss hot if you were anywhere in the state of NC)
Things have changed, rules have changed, the damn WORLD has changed....it has been a minute since I have been out there so figured I would ask WHO HAS?
have to several small venue shows, not many since covid and pot is legal here, Illinois. but the no smoking rules have kept it all out that I've seen.

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
No crowds for me especially if I lived in the US. Just like here in Canada, the unvaccinated people will be carrying the new variants which seem to become more deadlier each time. Netflix and YouTube are my closest friends now.

gramps

Veteran Member
Jul 5, 2009
mankato, mn
Do it. Go to the show. They put on a hell of a show!

I wouldn’t worry about the pot for several reasons. Just because it’s legal now doesn’t change the fact that it’s still illegal to smoke indoors. 2 - large venues like that exchange a lot of air. It’s not like a bar or small auditorium packed beyond max capacity.

I went to see them in Mn when they opened the vikings new stadium. Awesome show. Caught a couple real faint whiffs of the stuff but nothing more and certainly nothing I would worry about.

351maverick

full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer
Aug 11, 2010
erie, PA
saw Metallica in Pittsburgh a few years ago KICK ASS

totally indoor stadium, no weed whatsoever

78TypeLTCamaro

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 2, 2001
Earth
been to concerts in New England and even though it is legal in MA, private property such as concert halls don't allow smoking. If they do catch anyone, they just confiscate it if it is mary jane. If you are worried about failing a drug test, I highly doubt being in the current environment you would inhale enough second hand smoke to notice THC in your body. If it was a much closed space and not ventilated, perhaps.