Anybody here work for UPS? WHAT DO I DO?

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
How long ago was this? We see this all the time and I'm guessing the package is still in the truck somewhere and the driver didn't leave it for some reason. Don't know how it gets scanned but it sure does. Usually get it the next day or so.
I have had this happen with fedex. Showed it was delivered and pulled my hair out looking for it, and emailing the seller…..and then it shows up the next day.

On a different note, i occasionally get someone elses door dash on my door step. I usually find it the next morning, and it never says on the slip who it was for. But i think they take a pic of it, so im pretty sure one of my neighbors thinks im enjoying their food. Lol. Im not into eating pizza that has spent the night on my doorstep, so it just goes in the trash.

gramps

Veteran Member
Jul 5, 2009
mankato, mn
A few years ago probably 5 I wake up to the doorbell early in the am. Got downstairs just in time to see the ups truck driving away. Here on my front porch is this huge box. I go out and look it’s a bbq grill, and not a little one. I looked it up at the time and it was like a $1000 grill. I called the number on the tag and the people at ups were of no help. So I called the shipper that was listed and they were even more useless. They were confused as to why I was calling. Sheesh try to do The right thing.
Finally I hung up I just drove to the other side of town knocked on the door and told them their grill was dropped off at my house. I would have just dropped it off myself but it was very big and very heavy and quite honestly not my fkup.

FS87LT

Veteran Member
Apr 3, 2010
DFW, TX
One day about 10 years or so ago, FedEX Ground (in a smaller city delivery box truck, with an older driver) dropped off a 54" tv at work. I knew they were supposed to know where things went, so I just signed for it. When I got a chance to see who it went to (salesman or similar), I discovered it was for a salesperson, but at the Ford store across the street. So I just called that dealership and told the person what had happened. He laughed and said he'd be over after it. I told him where I had put it for safe keeping. He came over an hour later and got it. We all smiled.

In the earlier days of UPS, if you were not home to receive the package, they had to have a signature so going to the neighbor's house, where somebody was home, was their operative orientation, to leave it there, instead. With verified delivery of it getting there. In more modern times, not that way.

FS87LT

bfmgoalie

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2008
Gansevoort, New York
they said they wont replace because GPS showed the truck on my block. I never got them.
Im not giving up!!
Be sure to contact the company you purchase the product(s) from. Inform them you are a member of a very large car club and the word will go out about their horrendous customer service/satisfaction level unless this issue is resolved.

FS87LT

Veteran Member
Apr 3, 2010
DFW, TX
Be sure to contact the company you purchase the product(s) from. Inform them you are a member of a very large car club and the word will go out about their horrendous customer service/satisfaction level unless this issue is resolved.
Usually, at the vendor, such comments are usually taken very lightly. IF there is a sudden spike in such things, THEN they might get inquisitive. But the shipper is more than just one driver. Just as the vendor has more than one salesperson, usually.

You CAN request to see (and even an electronic copy of) whom signed for the package or if it was an "unattended delivery" signature situation. They have that information, too. A GPS location is only half the situation, but one they might like to use as it's an easy explanation of "We did our job" and let it go at that. It might also be that their GPS tracking also includes the amount of time at each stop, too, so they might gauge job performance of their drivers! Plus if that package might have ended up in the "non-deliverable" bin back at the hub, too.

FS87LT

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
Do any of your neighbors have security cameras or ring cameras that have a view of your house ??? . That's where I would start by checking video of the delivery driver actually delivering your parts you ordered

Also not saying that this didn't happen , but could have been stolen by a porch pirate

Patstuff28

Veteran Member
Aug 23, 2020
I live very close to a large Amazon fulfillment centre. All day long there are plain white trucks in the subdivision delivering their products. These guys run from house to house and don’t even ring the doorbell, never mind getting a signature, when they deliver.
I was home one day awaiting a shipment and was notified on my phone that it arrived. Nothing on the porch. I contacted the vendor and asked for proof of delivery. They gave me the time of delivery and my address. I informed them that I was home all day and that no delivery showed up on my security cameras 1 hour before to 1 hour after. They refunded my purchase, no further questions asked.