Anybody running a laser jammer?

ProStreet383

Veteran Member
May 23, 2007
MD
Todd80Z28 said:
Google bought Waze last year. I keep waiting for them to dump all that data into Google Maps natively.

I am sure they have plans to do that. I would be shocked if they didn't. Waze is honestly the best app I have ever seen and so many people use it you can almost be guaranteed any cops running radar will be reported before you show up. At least on the highway that has been my experience so far. I have even had reports on back country roads and sure enough there they are as I approach. I report anything that warrants reporting like something in the road, traffic jam, cops, construction.

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
I tried this Waze app today on my way to work.

Didn't have much data for me other then 1 red light camera I passed.
Most modern radar detectors have that feature already too.

Todd80Z28

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 11, 2002
Northern VA
How do you put in your crowd-sourced info on the fly? Hopefully not by text...:eek:

I've never tried Waze. I know on my last trip to FL, both Google Maps and Apple Maps were dead-on with the delays on 95, down to within feet, for slow-downs and returns to normal. They are surely aggregating data off the GPS info in the phone to see road speeds, which I like.

Will Waze suggest an alternate route an exit before an upcoming traffic jam?

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
Todd80Z28 said:
I know on my last trip to FL, both Google Maps and Apple Maps were dead-on with the delays on 95, down to within feet, for slow-downs and returns to normal

I also used Google Maps to circumnavigate 5:30pm traffic through Atlanta on a Friday (dumbass)
because I wanted to leave Florida a day early (Dumbass)
and forgot about Atlanta's HORRENDOUS traffic (DUMBASS) :(

I also had a Garmin 2011 GPS system (last update) but I relied more on the Googlemaps with live traffic views.

Todd80Z28

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 11, 2002
Northern VA
Yeah, everyone decided to go to FL and back on the same days I did last Christmas... I wish I could get wife's parents to move up here, I'd go for Disney trips only (which are becoming fewer as I get squeezed more and more...):screwup:

mickstan

Veteran Member
Jun 11, 2012
E'ville, IL
I also used Google Maps to circumnavigate 5:30pm traffic through Atlanta on a Friday (dumbass)
because I wanted to leave Florida a day early (Dumbass)
and forgot about Atlanta's HORRENDOUS traffic (DUMBASS)

Been there, done that too! Stupid, stupid, stupid. I don't think you could pay me enough to live anywhere near Atlanta.