Anybody using a Harwood bolt on 4" cowl hood please step in!

79stickshift

Dec 20, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Thanks guys for your input and replies. My hood would not even close with my wipers on so I think the idea that rs454 had may work. My wipers are hitting the underside brace of the hood before it can get close to closing, and I'm sure that they will hit the back edge/lip so I'm sure it will have to be trimmed also.

If anybody else has any pics of their hoods trimmed to fit then please post em up. Again thanks!

dragrace505

Veteran Member
Mar 7, 2010
Essex
I'm using a 4" cowl hood and I had to trim the edges around the entire hood. I thought buying an expensive hardwood hood would mean just bolt on an go but that definitely wasn't the case for me. So I did some trimming and I put spacers between the hood cowl and the wiper arm flange, here's a picture to make it easier to understand.

r2m5wp.jpg

spoonLT1355

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 1, 2003
Rockledge Pa
are you using the factory type wiper arms and blades? Aftermarket wiper blades will not work.

I have harwood 4" and use the factory blades with new refills, no problem.

Before I put the factory blades on the car, I had the same problem, I even trimmed the lip almost all the way down, and still hit.

79stickshift

Dec 20, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
No I still have the original wiper arms for my car but they just wouldnt clear. I am planning on cutting the back lip way down and also reshaping the back edge of the cowl scoop, the adding spacers to the wiper drive heads. Thanks again for your comments I will let you know how it works.