Anyone else spending alot of money

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Not spending on the Camaro. But, the refrigerator died this week so I had to buy a new one. The old one has been making nasty noises for the last 2 or 3 years and finally decided it couldn't cool properly anymore. I can't drink warm Mt Dew!
    The old 1970s fridge in the garage still works, but the newer ones die an early death.

John Wright likes this.
  2. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

Eagle racing engines have my 4 bolt CE block, NOS 1182 crank, Lunati 6" rods and Wiseco pistons for machine work and balancing.

John Wright likes this.
  3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

As far as parts, not much. Just bought a date code correct starter that I'll get restored for the 73Z. Still have to insure the car which will be pricey plus registration and inspection. Had to buy a new fridge in December after 23 years. 20-year-old one in the garage is still doing good. Then had to buy a new washer and dryer in May after 32 years, lol. Next is restoring the 71, so I'll be making up for my lack of Camaro spending soon.

EDIT: I forgot we bought a new 2020 Honda CR-V back in December. D'oh! Thank God the 73Z is almost done.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    John Wright likes this.
  4. CitrusZ28

CitrusZ28 Veteran Member

I bought some racing gas for mine yesterday, 5 gallons of 110 octane at $8.99 per gallon.

5. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Not that I want to but...need to pull the heads off the Camaro...not certain what this will end up as a dollar value though...(Combustion gasses in the coolant)

6. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Things are back to normal for me as far as income is concerned, but i dont have huge expenses with either car. Pre Covid i started collecting new wheels and tires, that got put on hold for a bit, but i managed to finish that up once i went back to work. Really starting to think about something like a 55 belair, but im just not sure if now is the time to really be doing something like that. Things are starting to go the wrong way again in PA.

7. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

Wasn't easy but sold mine as well, just didn't need two cars sitting in my garage. Still have my 67 GTO which I will never sell. But still enjoy the forum much more the than the gto forum...much more just kicking it with the guys here. Plus they are both GM so a lot of info applies to both. Sal70ss is a 70ss your other car? If so I dont think I have seen it... got a pic or two?

8. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

That's my dream car. Don't think I'll ever be able to afford one now. :(

9. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Pics?

10. RMTZ28

RMTZ28 Veteran Member

Ya tough times, you have those two camaros under your avatar? O what you working on?