Anyone ever use a custom Straub Technologies cam for BB chevy??

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by QUAKE_WARS, Mar 24, 2021.

1. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    Im thinking of ordering a custom cam. Are they really as good a people say they are
    building custom cams? Soooooo many options out there. I want a roller sleeper cam.

Let me know who has what and what you think. I have heard all but good about this company.

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've heard the name before, nothing negative. Unless you have something goofy in your combination or are trying to squeeze out the last 2 horsepower on a spec-class car we can probably design just as good of a cam using existing cam masters in the Isky/Crower/CompCams catalog for a lot less money.

Zstar likes this.
  3. 80NastyZ

80NastyZ Veteran Member

Chris has a good following on many forums on the 'net , I've used a few of his BBC grinds with good results. He is also WD for a host of other speed parts and vendors

I'm sure he can spec whatever you would like and the cost for a custom cam is really not much more than an off the shelf version.

-TOM

4. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I have a custom grind from him. Be honest with your flow numbers and power goal and he will get you there.
    Coming from a solid flat tappet cam that was 250/256 duration and 605/620 lift on a 108.
    His cam is a hydraulic roller 237/243 620/600 on a 109.
    Make the same power up top like it did and WAY more down low power. I also went from 6" of vacuum to 11.5/12.

I love the way the car runs now, thing is brutal in the midrange.
    I used to spin it to 6500. I barely do 5500 now since it builds speed quicker than it used to. Would I buy it again? yes.

5. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice!

6. 2ndGenCrazy

2ndGenCrazy Veteran Member

What compression (static)?

7. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

10.17:1

8. MagicRatt

MagicRatt Veteran Member

A very good friend of mine runs a pump gas 565 built by these guys. All steel 69 camaro street car runs mid to high 9's @ 140 mph. I can hear this thing coming a mile away. He drove down to TN to meet with these guys. It didn't happen over night but he is very pleased with the performance of his car.

Rich

9. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Not surprised to hear these comments, lot's to "picking" a cam, it makes your head spin when you get down to the details..... as the saying goes, nothing like a happy customer.....

10. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

Yep, I have picked I think only one can I think I was happy with the rest there always felt like something missing!