Anyone going to Kearney this weekend?

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by 80'427, Jul 17, 2007.

1. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

My buddy and I are going to kearney to do some test and tuning at the strip this Saturday. Be cool to meet some other guys there.

Later
    John

2. Sparx

Sparx Member

did you Go ? if so did you do down town and the strip & what did you think ?

3. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

I think the track is ok, super hot but that wasn't there fault. Its the unorganization that was pissing people off. I saw a blown alky 57 get moved 4 times by the same staff guy. The were pretty unclear about there classes. Or how to separate the cars. I had fun but got yelled at a couple of times for being in the wrong lane, and all I wanted was to test and tune. Otherwise lots of cool cars and the racers were all cool. By the time we were done racing we were to tired to go cruise but did pull our drag cars though town to 2nd street. Kinda wish we had left a little early and caught more of the cruising and live music. Lots of neat cars. I think it may be better than americruise in lincoln. Oh and I broke my 12 bolt trying to get my 60's down in the 1.6-1.5s. I really like the 1/4 but prefer MAMs track for the facility.

4. Sparx

Sparx Member

I went down town and seen all the cars parked on central and the side streets around 1:30 that afternoon. man was it Hot ! I drank a couple cool ones and listened to a band just east of the Holiday Station at 9ish I'm guessing. I heard it was wild around the college area. you go back to the strip sunday ? sunday I went to a friends he shop is air conditioned :bowtie: hes about got his 73 split bumper Z almost road ready. It's a BBC 502 Ram Jet & a temec 5 speed with a moser 35 spline 9" 4 wheel disc brakes. the cars body & paint is done it's silver with black SS stripes and a black vinyl top. hes waiting on a shifter and has to wire the fans and line lock. hes laid bace easy going but I would be wanting it going Bad.

5. 80'427

80'427 Veteran Member

No just sat. Went home to support my buddy that roundy rounds. Besides I blew up my 12 bolt on a launch so I was done anyway. I have heard that it can be wild. My friend that went along got a willfull reckless ticket in lincoln one year so I just play it cool unless it is late at night all alone here. That and picking on a few high school kids here. Mine is pretty low budget and ran some poor times (11.86 with lots of spinning). Was hoping for a 10.90 but the high temp and humidity it was way off (plus my new slicks didn't come before leaving). I have run close to it in the 1/8 over here though. Still working on my 4 speed driving.