anyone have a RF lower A-arm for 70-1/2

Marv D

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Coming home from the Run to the Pines car show my son and daughters 70-1/2 broke a drivers side lower a-arm. The idiots at Desert Valley Auto ( has a yard here in Casa Grande) did the typical "Oh sure we have that" and sent one from a 74 down to CG yard. The 74 and the 70 AINT the same but apparently were stuck with the wrong part and nothing but yard credit.

Neil isn't a purist, but doesn't want to go hacking the frame to make the 74 bolts fit. So anyone by chance have a 70-1/2 to 73 lower drivers side A arm laying around?

Please PM if you do.

thx

RtP2015a.jpg

jthomas

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 5, 2007
NorthCentral PA
Hi Marv. I am certain I have a stock one for 70-73 that had been blasted and painted with new ball joint and bushings installed. I will check tonight and post a picture for you.

Last edited:

AllensaurusRex

Veteran Member
May 22, 2013
Murfreesboro TN
Additionally, I have one that I just pulled from my 73...but it hasn't been primed or painted or anything. You can probably see it in the first 1-2 pages on my progress page below.
-Allen

Marv D

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jeff thanks,, PM replied to

Yup Bonzo,, the bushing end cracked and he felt it was loose,, then it broke through and the bushing pulled through the top of the A-arm

NeilAarm.JPG

Pretty damn scary considering the road we had just traveled