anyone have issues wearing a mask? No politics.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Jimmac, Nov 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

our shop decided to make everyone wear masks. so yesterday was the first day and it feels like I've been in the garage running my car and breathing exhaust.
    Day 2, same thing, I tend to pull it up alot, the thing under my eyes messes with my vertigo, so I get a little queasy which will go away in about a week. Funny thing with the mask, I feel like I'm getting sick but not sure if I'm sick or is it the deal with breathing thru it and a mild case of dizziness because of the vertigo? Even had to step outside because I thought I was going to lose my lunch.
    So anyone else have issues wearing these things?
    No politics, just yes or no, and if yes, what kinds of issues? jim

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Fortunately no issues here for me. It certainly gets uncomfortable after awhile and the straps start to make the back of my ears hurt after a couple hours of wearing it I'm working over in Korea and they just started enforcing the requirement to be wearing masks at all times while working in the office. Before if just sitting at your desk you could get away with not wearing one but if you started meeting with people then you had to put it on. Now it is required at all times indoors, with both the individual and the company liable to be hit with a pretty significant fine now.

3. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I wear glasses and the lens fog up constantly and I also hate rebreathing my expelled breathe

tom3 likes this.
  4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

About a minute or so after I put it on I start to have a mini panic attack. I have to calm myself down, measure the breathing etc and I get used to it. Any real activity and I have an extreme hard time breathing but in fairness I have breathing issues anyway and masks just exasperates it.

dave@ztech likes this.
  5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's probably the biggest issue I have, the fogging of glasses and safety visor when I go out to the shipyard to go on the platform. It's like walking into a thick fog bank!!

muscl car likes this.
  6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Fogs up my glasses. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to ordering a couple of new SLAYER masks I found last week.:smokin:

f-body freak and Coadster32 like this.
  7. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I find that some of the thicker masks do slow down air flow and I notice that as a bit more difficulty breathing. Other masks seem to be thinner and not affect me. I suggest you try different ones until you find one that doesn't cause you issues.
    But, the ones that flow more air easily don't likely give you as much protection. Like everything, it is a tradeoff.

8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Try laying inside a MRI chamber for close to 2 hrs while wearing a mask , I did this 2 weeks ago and it wasn't fun

9. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

might try a bandana open on the bottom. we pretty much run machines by ourselves. Our managements just really worried if someone does get it and brings it into the shop, we dont have the crew to handle the workload if a lot of us gets sent home for 2 weeks. jim

10. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Zero politics, none zip nada. We don't want your opinion on right wrong etc. Zero tolerance for steering the thread in that direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.