Anyone here dealt with Tombstone Tactical online with local pick up?

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by Knuckle Dragger, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just curious how the process works since there isn't a lot of info online and they can't be bothered to pick up the phone or answer emails. I bought a gun online late last week. The website said it was in stock and I expected at least an email back saying the order was placed but I never did. I see they have a disclaimer that it can take 5-7 days processing but I thought for a local pick up that wouldn't be an issue. I'm not mad about it, the gun isn't readily available anywhere I could find and their price was pretty good, just curious how the process works.

2. jteenstra

jteenstra Moderator Staff Member

Dave,

I don't know about online purchase and pickup, but I can vouch for the store.
    My GF and I bought her FNX-9 (great handgun) at TT. Great store, great people. We made a day of it! Bought a handgun, went next door to Hustler Hollywood (oh boy), then to Hooters for a beer!
    A buddy of mine at work swears by TT.

John T

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  3. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    They suck!! overpriced on almost everything!! good luck. Sorry to hear about that.

4. Knuckle Dragger

Well I sat on hold for 20 minutes before I got someone to pick up. They said they sent me an email I never got but it was ready to pick up. I took an hour of personal time to go get it this morning. It was about what I expected for a gun shop, no "taticool" wanna be warrior meatheads but it was annoying to have my paperwork paused repeatedly for the counter guy to "one up" everyone in the store that talked about what they had or were buying. The price was good but I'm not sure I'd go back. If they answered the phone or replied to email I'm sure my opinion would be different.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  5. jteenstra

jteenstra Moderator Staff Member

Well hells bells, times - and employees - must have changed. That's a shame.
    It's way out of the way for me so I won't be there none too soon.
    Glad you got your order.

John T

6. Knuckle Dragger

John, I used theiir "contact us" page on the website and requested the invoice be sent to both my Cox and Gmail addresses. I received it via Gmail a week or so later but not Cox so maybe the issues was on my end. I'll give them a pass on the time frame given the demand right now. I'd still rather buy from a smaller shop or FFL holder selling out of his house but I'll give Tombstone a solid B+ after some reflection.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020