Anyone here use Crimp AN fittings?

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by badazz81z28, May 3, 2020.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Very much contemplating for reliability. Anyone use them? I know the tool is $$$

2. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Is this the same type of fittings used for the A/C hoses? I've thought about looking into those too.

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Basically yes. Russells fittings actually use the same Pro-Classic hose. The problem is the crimper is $800, but if you buy the same one direct from China its only $300. I have a dry sump set-up so the concern about the fitting nipples breaking makes me worry. The torsional stress of installing them...

4. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Just an FYI JIC and AN share all the same specs for the same sizes. Which means if you know your hose lengths you can go to your local hydraulic hose shop and they can crimp ends on the hose for you. I have a hydraulic hose crimper and have used JIC crimp fittings for both my fuel lines and tranny cooler lines. I have no leaks and the ends don’t come off this way.

6JIC = 6AN
    8JIC = 8AN
    etc.

John Wright likes this.
  5. 71RS/SS396

71RS/SS396 Veteran Member

Dude, you seriously worry too much about things. My car has a ton of AN plumbing with reusable fittings, I have yet to have a single one leak or fail in 8 years. Use the matching fittings and hose, assemble them properly, and you won't have issues with it.

dale68z, muscl car and BonzoHansen like this.