anyone know honda trx70s?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Jimmac, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

going to look at one tomorrow. they only made them from 85 to 87. little quad. looks good, good plastic, decent seat
    tires are old but I've got a new set, priced at $900 firm. I've already got a ct70, atc70 so I want a 4 wheeler to round out the collection. jim

2. biker

biker Veteran Member

If it starts, runs and drives, I'd buy it. Nice, complete ones are getting harder to find. The Honda single cyl engines are bulletproof. The 70 is the same as the 50, just a bit bigger. People rarely adjust the valves, so check the clearance, the exhaust valve gets tight and hangs open, making it hard to start.

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Any of the little bikes and quads are going for absurd money around here. $900 sounds absurd to me but it's hard to beat the Hondas if cared for. And get a clone motor dirt cheap for those machines if needed.

4. Rosster

Rosster Veteran Member Gold Member

Yeah, Prices on small pitbikes and quads are going crazy! You can buy a hell of a pitbike for under $1000 brand new with 140cc 4 speed and dic brakes. I picked up this with an new engine last year for $500. Even has adjustable billet shock and forks. Hauls butt around the track in the yard! A1D835D4-60B2-4B70-BB95-F7FE74EB69C2.jpeg

5. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

I sold a trx90 a few weeks ago. bought it for 150 no plastics, tank, seat and a bent valve. installed a new valve and got it running. after pricing plastics, seat and tank. I decided it wasn't worth sticking anymore money into it. probably should have kept it. its a better machine than a trx70. but the 70 is just cool. jim

6. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

I kept looking at the pic the guy sent me last night, something just didn't look right. turns out its a old trx90. jim

7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I saw a guy across the street pushing a small motorcycle he found in the junk. Had it running the other day. Too bad I didn't see it 1st.

8. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Those 5 - 600 dollar Chinese bikes sure went nuts lately for sure. Need a motor for grandson's Kaw 110 bike, OE parts are big money and hard to find. Thought I just put a clone motor on it or just buy a whole bike and transplant. Whoa! Prices are crazy. He'll outgrow it over the winter anyway.