Anyone know what this sinister looking winged insect is??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by chevyJeff1, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Inxs60

Inxs60 New Member

As long as the vehicle is over 30 years of age we get historic registration with left hand drive cars.
    I some times think we have more classic USA muscle down under than we do Aussie muscle cars!!
    To give you an idea my 1970 SS Camaro (matching numbers / 350 / 4 speed / would be classed above average good condition) worth around $60K AUD, to get the same in a Aussie muscle car Ford or Holden (chev) in would cost me $150K AUD or more!!
    American muscle represents good value in Australia!!
    Cheers Darren

2. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

This guy showed up in the shop yesterday. Looks sort of like a stunk bug but with super long antennas on its head. Also been seeing some big Beatles looking critters. Will get a pic of the next one I see.

20210717_143812.jpg

3. Rosster

Rosster Veteran Member Gold Member

I hear that! Spent some time. In papua new guinea and next to Australia, they might even have you beat. The meat eating ostrich like birds that sometime steal and eat babies was my all time favorite.
    yeah, spent some time in papua new guinea and they might even have Australia beat for mother nature’s ways to kill you. I especially like the ostrich like bird that was a meat eater and occasionally carted away babies to feast on. What the hell?

4. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Got buzzed by this dude carrying its prize. Cicada killers. My advice leave em alone. (Says the guy taking a picture and testing his luck getting close holding a dollar bill)

AC4DF797-F29C-41B4-BC5B-775D95485EE8.png 9B7C1E05-C22B-4751-A5DA-3D1BF7E19070.jpeg

chevyJeff1 likes this.
  5. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^ We were camping near Hudson Wi last week and campground had lots of them buzzing around! wifey thought they were "Murder Hornets":eek::rolleyes:o_O I told her wise advice from My Grampa-leave them alone and they will leave you alone and they did-Haven't seen them in the southern part of the state-Now those darn Japanese beetles are another thing! Later Steve!!