Anyone Running This Manifold??

hhott71

R.I.P 11/19/18
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 30, 2001
Joplin Mo. 64801
The Holley 300-25 is a tall intake, it is like a single 4bbl tunnel ram with a single 4bbl plenum.
It does test well on the SBC mule motor in the car craft mag article posted last week.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
hhott71 said:
The Holley 300-25 is a tall intake, it is like a single 4bbl tunnel ram with a single 4bbl plenum.
It does test well on the SBC mule motor in the car craft mag article posted last week.

works even better with a 2" open hole spacer !!!!!!:) :)

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
hhott71 said:
How much ET did you lose and MPH gain did you get?

have never taken it down the track but on a couple tests on the street i could tell it runs alot better with the spacer than without it , pulls alot harder from 4k rpm and up now with this spacer

Damon

Veteran Member
Nov 16, 2000
Philly area
I like the different carb pad heights of the Team G intakes in situations where I KNOW I would otherwise use a spacer. If you've ever installed carb studs in a Vic Jr that are long enough to fit a 1-2" spacer then you know that the threads aren't always "dead straight and true". Getting the spacer on can be a little frustrating sometimes. When you have the carb pad height basically acting as a "built in spacer" you don't have to worry about that.

Accounting for carb pad height + spacer differnces I've never noticed more than half a lick of difference in performance between the Team G and the Vic Jr. at the track. Which makes sense since they are directly competitive intakes to eachother and VERY similar in design.

BTW- watch the part numbering on the Team G. The 7530 is the "low rise" version equivalent to the Vic Jr., the 7532 is the "+3/4" carb height" version and the 7531 is the "+2" carb height" version. The numbering scheme isn't the same as the height order. Just thought you might like to know.

Last edited:

HyPer

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 19, 2012
Central Mississippi
I have the same 7532 on my 73, does very well indeed. As far as the comparison goes, you're in essence comparing a standard single plane to a tunnel ram. The Weiand Team-G 7532 intake is like a Vic Jr intake, whereas the Holley 300-25 is a tunnel ram like the Motown intake.

Latest posts