Anyone us these seats?

geoman

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 4, 2001
Brandon, FL
Hey guys!

Has anyone used Rugged Ridge or Smitybuilt seats? Seem to be used for jeep replacements but they have a similar shape to the factory 2nd gen seat. Reviews are decent but wanted to hear someone from here if they had any. Restoring the factory seats are getting ridiculously priced!

Thank you!
Mike

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 44915-01.jpg
    44915-01.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 27

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
Truth be told… factory seats aren’t very exciting either.

I don’t think they look horrible.

The Rugged Ridge seats are reclinable but… I don’t think they tilt forward for access to the rear seats.

The High Back version looks more like the LT or Berlinetta seats.

geoman

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 4, 2001
Brandon, FL
I am just looking at some alternatives but has a similar factory style. I think boring is better than outlandish or plain gawdy. 😆 I am building a period style super stock/ pro stock recreation. I'm not a fan of polycarbonate race seats and kirkeys are too modern.

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
My brother has these seats in his Rally Sport. You just cut the lower bracket down and you can use the last hole, so they can sit lower. . Pro car Elite Lumbar.

I gotta tell you....these things look so Bitchin....I'm putting them in my car. And my stock ones now are like new, just redone with new foam and covers.
The Elite Lumbar seats have the right height to the bolsters, and the stitching and style that match the stock back seats. That's a BIG deal for me.
Now, the one pictured below is in leather. The ones in vinyl IMO actually look better.
80-1250-51l_1.jpg

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Truth be told… factory seats aren’t very exciting either.

I don’t think they look horrible.

The Rugged Ridge seats are reclinable but… I don’t think they tilt forward for access to the rear seats.

The High Back version looks more like the LT or Berlinetta seats.

Did you look at the real life pictures of those things? Even to go in a jeep they look super cheap...well they are. Probably an upgrade for the old rusty POS jeeps.