Anyone use Fast EZ-EFI?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by arick793, Jun 5, 2011.

1. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

I know a guy that did a LQ4 conversion and was floored by the fuel economy...so he ponied up for the FAST EZ-EFI. Not only is starting better and less or no more fuel smell, he's getting awesome fuel economy.

All that said....he still starts and warms his motor in the morning before taking off like a carb'd motor or it will stumble. Not the efi's fault tho....its the lack of timing control.

2. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Interesting point. I'm in the planning stages of an EFI conversion and the timing is really what makes me want to go GM OBD1 for simplicity and functionality.

I've played around with my Beretta tune and it's unreal what you can do with the stock GM computer...I got 31mpg on my last road trip and it has maybe 100hp more than it did stock!

3. arick793

arick793 Veteran Member

How do you think this would compare to a TPI setup with a vortec base manifold? For the $1,500 that the EZ EFI costs, I could put together a decent TPI I think. This is strictly a street motor by the way.

4. arick793

arick793 Veteran Member

Another plus for the EZ EFI for me is that when I eventually swap in an LSx engine, I can get it running pretty easily by just purchasing a carb intake and a timing controller.

5. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've been kicking the Idea around sence my trans has went out. Shop down the street is into it big. So might do 700r4 and FAST EFI and be done with it.

The improve gas mileage I think would help pay for it!!!

6. arick793

arick793 Veteran Member

That's what I tell myself too ;) But how long would a 3mpg improvement take to pay off a $1,500 EFI system and a $2,000 tranny when you drive 3,000 miles a year? haha.

7. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sometimes in life you have to tell yourself all kindsof things to make somethings sound GOODER then it really is..

I can say I but more miles ten that a year on our car. Rain snow it gose she's the " WARRIOR" ;)

15 IS GREATER THEN 12

8. THOMAS81Z

THOMAS81Z Veteran Member

well its a catch 22 cause i will not buy it cause i dont drive it much , BUTif i could start my car up & jump rite in & go without warming up then i would drive it more , so its an easy leap :p

9. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I know if my 73 didn't have the Tremec 5 speed and had the old 4 speed it would probably get only 15 or so if that on the highway running 60. Even worse on the interstate screaming at 3600 RPM I'm sure. I get 22 running 60, about 19 on the interstate running 75.

10. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm wondering about the fuel pump.
    It looks like a frame rail mount , or is it
    mounted inside the tank?