Anyone Watch GMG (Fast n Loud)?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Apr 2, 2020.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

SO I have watched this show for while....its car show so it keeps me entertained, but build after build I wonder how he could be such a brand yet his builds are sub-par quality. I just watched the new episode and they are building a Jeep. Of course the magic of TV, its actually already done and sold. Looking at it on the BJ auction site...The build it cheap. They couldn't even weld the exhaust system? Amazed how he has got the hype it does....

https://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1981-JEEP-CJ7-CUSTOM-SUV-226150

https://inventory.gasmonkeygarage.com/vehicles/67/1976-chevrolet-g-10-4x4-tequila-van

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

My wife watches it because it's in Texas and it's entertaining as well. When I have time to watch car shows, I prefer shows that are more instructional and less entertainment. They are few and far between nowadays.

I see GMG cars advertised around here every once in a while and they're always expensive. I guess you're paying for the name of the shop, because the cars aren't anything special, just average. IMHO, these kinds of shows have more to do with personality than anything else. A shop that builds quality cars but doesn't have a loudmouth or two goofing off doesn't get a show. There are always exceptions, of course.

I know a resto shop owner that was approached about having a show a few years ago. He didn't say why it fell through, but did tell me at the time he was talking to the producers that he had to pull an old truck out of a field and it was quite an ordeal. The producers asked him if he could "re-create" that situation. He said hell no. I would wager that had something to do with him not getting a show.

3. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

That show went to hell when Aron left. He has now also disappeared.

4. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

I like Iron Resurrection, they do some great metal fab.
    We have a guy here in our little town that does amazing metal work, it's fun to watch a true craftsman.

Zstar and Happy_Dan like this.
  5. twestrup

twestrup Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

No GMG for me! The guy that runs it is an idiot. Treats people like poo, money talks I guess. (poo is not the word I used) Went to SEMA a few years ago, people lined up for autographs, I guess I don't understand.

Zstar, mrfleet12 and Da-bigguy like this.
  6. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've never liked him, he always comes across as an A@@hat to me. The only people I've lined up to get autographs for were Playboy Playmates who were making an appearance at World of Wheels car shows in Calgary back in the day! I still have some of them tucked away in a box somewhere.

Zstar and mrfleet12 like this.
  7. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

I like Iron Resurrection as well. Also, Chasing Classic Cars. I was told by a restoration shop that he was approached. He said they don't get a deal up front. They have to pay the show (I think it was 30K) up front like advertising. They control what gets done and when and there are many other restrictions. After three shows if they carry you then pay starts. You only really make any money if it lasts more than a season. He passed.
    I like Graveyard Cars too. I can't stand the antics and he seems to have to cut them back, but I love the cars and the work.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  8. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

You mean he "gas monkeys" people, lol? I can't wait for the day I get to say, "Don't gas monkey me!"
    My favorite is when he says I gotta have a little meat on the bone. I'd say I'm the seller and if there's any meat on the bone to be had, it's mine. Otherwise, take a walk or I'll give you five bones upside the head. I just can't believe people give into him so easily. Must be the cameras rolling. :rolleyes:

gramps, Zstar, carr911 and 1 other person like this.
  9. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

you realize those are staged scenes right? Everything negotiation wise is done off camera

10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Oh yes...its so fake. I think a lot of these shows are aimed towards people who like cars, but know nothing about cars. I just saw an episode of Junk Yard empires where he sold a Mini to a guy for $30K and the clearly you could see it was still damaged on the lower valance. Yet he kept saying "its like a brand new old car". Yeah right! Same with Dallas Car Sharks....Lip stick on a pig...

Your average joe may not notice or even care the car has lip stick or has a salvaged title...but people like us do.

Zstar likes this.