Anyone watching the Mega race ??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Mar 27, 2017.

1. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Well, he just uses the special silicone chassis bar adhesive for his paying customers.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I'm surprised that guys car has turbos. They way he whines i figure he'd run a blower. :p Of course he wanted dick rawlings to drive so damn bad, he's not a racer so its a big advantage for him. That would be like me driving that car haha. He doesnt want to race a real driver lol. Its all fake so its funny. they seem to cry about other people spending money. An all aluminum mark williams rear, christ that costs more than most cars on this site lol.

I couldnt finish the episode with all the crying, whining and posturing by everyone, even for phony tv it was awful. Dick and crow(?) both come off as full time jerks, just different types of jerks. Its comical.

3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I don't bother with "Fast and Loud" or "Street Outlaws". Too much fake drama. I didn't watch the show and don't plan to ever watch the show. All the good shows have moved to channels I don't get and I'm not going to pay extra to see drama. I'll go to a Shakespeare play if I want that.

Buickfunnycar likes this.
  4. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

Daddy dave thought he was a bad ass til he went against Andy Jensen , wish the "Big Chief" had the balls to call him out , i ****ing hate the show and those asshats

5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

I watched a little more of this last night. Not that it matters much, but of course the "deadlines" are complete BS. GM smashes up car, fixes car, then loads up said fixed black car into small(er) car hauler. "Car has to be at the racetrack tomorrow". At the racetrack, (24 hrs later?) out from the big baller GM hauler pops a red car all painted and lettered up. Thats some pretty quick turnaround on a paint job. could it happen? yeah. did it? most likely no.

I'm not too up on fashion, but whats with the big red Aerosmith-hanky thing that Richard is prancing around with? Do you think Dennis is like - "oh Richard.....wear the red one......it makes you look soooo bad ass."

I hate gas monkey. Street outlaws, meh...what ever, cars go fast, sound awesome. Take away the drama and you have 15 minutes of the best staged racing ever.

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I think GMG is entertaining. Fake however. They actually build the cars, but the sales are staged. Too many sold cars end up in the background on future shows like the brown model A. I knew the GMG would lose the race, its not their show. The Discovery channel wouldn't have their "Fastest Street Racers" lose a race on their own show against a group of folks that just build cars. That could send the wrong message to the fans of that show and ratings could drop... Its all drama to keep it interesting...the Racers win the race and the GMG shows up with a killer build. BTW do you really think over all the supposed conversations they never mentioned who was driving? Heck by watching the show you can see what their doing....

7. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

had to stop watching,way too many commercials and tv bs-fast n loud I think is done without arron and street outlaws couldn't be more staged-if it were real street racing they'd all be in jail

8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I was a volunteer police officer for 10 years. I worked one wreck (I won't use the word accident because it wasn't one, it was stupid kids doing stupid things) where two kids were street racing and plowed into a loaded school bus. None of the kids on the bus were hurt but one racer died a week later.

Street racing is NOT drag racing. At the race track, you get a timing slip that says how fast you really went. No big talk, it's in black and white.

9. 496z28

496z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Who has that pic of the dead horse getting beat!?

The racing is real and not staged. They race on the street. The street is closed and permits are issued. Medics are on scene. But it is still on the street.
    Call it fake, staged, scripted, etc all you want. If that is what you believe than so be it. But unless you actually know, you have no idea. Amazing to me how everyone is such an expert on what you see on tv.

fatkid_racing and muscl car like this.
  10. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

I've watched very few Street Outlaw episodes...for obvious reasons many have posted here. But what I've taken away from every episode I did see...and to watch the 'Mega Race' (just to see what all the hype was about) was icing on the cake; this Big Chief fella is a straight up prick. I truly believe that his attitude is NOT staged. No way he'd get away with talking that much crap around our local track without getting physically abused. I'd love to see somebody just absolute bitch slap him open-handed. Screw that guy.