Apeman Gopro Style Camera Review

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1980RS, May 4, 2021.

1. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Bought one of these knock off gopro's last winter and used it at the track this past weekend. I have to say I am very impressed with the video quality and it's right on par with my gopro camera. Tons of features and accessories come with the camera. Battery lasted really long and for $49 bucks when it's on sale is a fantastic deal. Will post up some video when I get it in the other computer.

https://www.amazon.com/APEMAN-Underwater-Waterproof-Camcorder-Accessories/dp/B07BF76DSX

dcozzi, mrfleet12 and 76z28 like this.
  2. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I have some knock of that my brother didn't want... I need to give it a try

3. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

I've used a Vivitar for a few years, works pretty good. I may take a look at the Apeman.
    Thanks

4. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

I tried one that came in a case just like that. Took it on a motorcycle ride and wow was it bad. It had no image stabilization and the video was so shakey it made me nauseous. I can't remember the name of it but it looked very similar...and this was several years ago.

5. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I bought an ApeMan camera about 6 months ago and put it in my work truck. It has front and rear cameras. The image is stable and very clear when you play it back on the computer. I bought it because it had over 7000 reviews with a 4.5 star rating.
    https://www.amazon.com/APEMAN-Drivi...f-4741-a772-17cad7536576&tag=buyersguide0e-20

It really amazes me how close people get to my rear bumper at 75MPH to pass and I want evidence when someone hits me so I can retire.

6. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That looks nice. I see from the Amazon website they have a newer model out now. I'm definitely going to look into one or more of those.

7. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Ya they sure do help catch the idiots. I had one lady hit the back of my trailer and wanted to blame me for the accident until I showed the cop the video. She then got a ticket for following too close. The only thing I have notice is if I play the video on some other computers it's a little choppy so I will change the codec of it and see if that helps otherwise it's pretty good for a cheap camera.

8. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

You can try using VLC video player too.
    I use it at work to play video files from surveillance cameras that no other player can decipher. It can also change video formats.

1980RS likes this.