Apple will not help FBI unlock terriorist phone

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
I can see all the Apple huggers crying about how insecure their phones have proven to be.

Apple trying to prevent the FBI from getting data off a phone of a known terrorist is a crime.

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
fbi could do it all along, they just wanted to set precedent. end of story, im glad fbi got it done, fbi does not deserve easy access to any phone or device. do it yoruself, you cannot tell a company to destroy what makes it money.

now, i bet apple will fix whatever vulnerabilities it has, and fbi will continue to have to recrack. im going to go read, but this case should get dropped now right? fbi unlocked the phone, this whole case is over. apple isnt needed anymore

fbi will come complain when apple devises stronger lockout method.

Last edited:

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Apple can fix the security hole only if they know where it is, and right now, the FBI isn't telling them. They aren't smart enough to find it by themselves, or it wouldn't be there. This is a real nice kick in the azz for Apple and their stupid attitude.

indy camaro

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 22, 2011
USA
I think they already had the phone unlocked on day one !!
"Big bro/ the machine" what ever you want to call it, knows !
I'm with Gary S. They employ much smarter, professional hackers. With salaries to match !

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Gary S said:
Apple can fix the security hole only if they know where it is, and right now, the FBI isn't telling them. They aren't smart enough to find it by themselves, or it wouldn't be there. This is a real nice kick in the azz for Apple and their stupid attitude.

its only a matter of time before apple finds it out $$$$$$$$ and they will simply add more layers if they cannot find it. now, if they do this, and fbi cannot crack it. can fbi go after apple saying apple is purposefully blocking fbi out?

Camaro75LT

Masshole
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 17, 2001
Boston-ish
I'm glad Apple didn't hand them the key. There is no reason the government needed Apple to unlock the phone other then to thump their chest. I'll leave the rest of my rhetoric off the site as I'd be violating Nastyz28s rules ;)

Edit: Apple will increase their security as they do every so often. While their next upgrade might block the entry of the fbis current route of access, there will always be a next security flaw waiting to be discovered.

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
camaro75LT said:
I'm glad Apple didn't hand them the key. There is no reason the government needed Apple to unlock the phone other then to thump their chest. I'll leave the rest of my rhetoric off the site as I'd be violating Nastyz28s rules ;)

Edit: Apple will increase their security as they do every so often. While their next upgrade might block the entry of the fbis current route of access, there will always be a next security flaw waiting to be discovered.

but if this suit is dropped, it can not be re opened right? "like well we opened the first iphone, but now we can't open the rest because of new updates" and open court back up? can they?

Camaro75LT

Masshole
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 17, 2001
Boston-ish
I haven't read anything saying the lawsuit has been dropped. Just because that phone has been cracked does not mean the gov won't want full access to unlock all phones when they see fit.

We shall see.

FreedomPenguin

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
But.. if the case is solely to "unlock this iphone" and not set precedent like comey kept saying. Then this case should have no ground to continue, can't go to court to force them to open something thats already opened right? >.>

Latest posts